And you shake it all about...

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
snyderra

And you shake it all about...

Post by snyderra »

Today, I'm having a tough time with my arms AND my legs. Does anyone else get RLS symptoms in their arms? I don't know why I'm having a hard time today---it's only 10:30 in the morning.

Second question: Does anyone else have a high occurance of tension headaches or migraines?
Rachel

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i get it in my arms and hands sometimes. and yes i have been getting a lot of migraine type headaches, more than usual. weather seems to affect mine a lot

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

brandy

Post by brandy »

I get headaches as well. I wonder if it's tension/lack of sleep that causes us to get headaches. And, yes, when things get particularly bad, I get symptoms in my arms, especially my wrists. I think a number of us do. What meds are you on? Early morning symptoms can be a sign of rebound or augmentation and you will want to get that under control ASAP. Hang in there, dear. I know it's tough, but we are here for you. You are not suffering alone.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

msrearick

Post by msrearick »

I'm glad to know I am not the only one who has rls in my arms. It's bad enough dealing with it my legs, but when my arms start too, its enough to send me overboard!!! I usually try to use my hand weights to neutralize the sensations. There are nights that I stand in my living room lifting hand weights and jiggling my legs trying to get my extremities to calm down so I can get some sleep.
This is my first time on this discussion board, I'm glad I decided to check it out.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi and welcome to the site!

I have had RLS forever and have it in my legs and arms. Sometimes, I could punch something all night long. You'll find that you're not alone here at all. None of us are totally alike, but we're not all that different either.

I'm so sorry you have RLS, but really glad you found us.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I've had it in my left arm all my life. When it gets bad, it spreads to my legs and sometimes it feels like someone is tickling me all over. Sleep deprivation is the name of the game. :(

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

The RLS started in my legs, a few weeks later in my arms too. On my current med-regimen it is most of the time only in my arms, just a little bit in my legs. It has advantages and disadvantages. With arm-RLS you can't walk it off but you can sit down and watch TV. I read that with DA's it can happen that the leg movements stop and the arm movements begin. This is a weird syndrome!

Corrie

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I usually have leg RLS, but about a third of the time, it's in my right shoulder and upper arm as well.

My legs don't experience the "pulling" people talk about, being creepy-crawly-tingly instead, but I think my shoulder does. There's a weird, tingly, burning sensation deep inside of it and something about it slowly makes me literally pull my shoulder back and up over a minute or so, and then I notice I've done it and relax it. Rinse and repeat.

Recently, I slipped on ice and fell on my elbow (I dented the bone!), and the shock went straight up through my shoulder. Even since, the symptoms have been happeneing *every* night and go all the way from my shoulder to my hand. It's closer to pain than it used to be, as well, which is not a transition I want to make. They say RLS may be nerve-damage-related, so I wonder if I pinched or bruised a nerve at the top.