Question about RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Nadia

Question about RLS

Post by Nadia »

Hi Everyone,

I was reading Dear Abby today in the newspaper and someone had written a letter in questioning why her husband was always moving his legs in his sleep, etc. Well She referred her to this website.

Anyway, I have always had restless legs...like I remember when I was younger in the car my legs would become SOO restless that it actually felt painful. And this has happened many times to me...where I just feel like running around because I can't sit still.

I don't know exactly what RLS is, so I would Really appreciate it if some people could email me at theepkidva@aol.com and tell me what type of symptoms they experienced so maybe I can figure this out. Thank you.

*Nadia*

jan3213

Symptons of RLS

Post by jan3213 »

Nadia, this is Jan

Hi Nadia

If you would look under I HAVE RESTLESS LEGS on the heading of this forum, there is a drop-down menu, and there, right after Announcements is What is RLS?. That is a short overview of the symptoms of RLS. Also under Medical & Scientific Info, under Announcements, there if an RLS Algorithm which has a link to a publication from the Mayo Clinic which you can click on to get further information. Hope this helps.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

dmkm

Crazy Legs

Post by dmkm »

I found out about this web site from Dear Abby this morning, too. I have most all of the symptoms I've read about...very restless legs in the evenings, wake up during the night because I can't keep my legs still and can only find relief from walking, "hot feet" (something I didn't realize anyone else experienced) where I have to keep my feet out of the covers at night.

Last night I went to a dinner-theatre and just about went nuts....just couldn't keep my legs still. I've found if I take a couple of aspirin before I go out for an evening like that, it helps. Last night I forgot do do it.

Anyway, I'm sorry all you guys have the same crazy symptoms I have, but it sure makes me feel better knowing I'm not some kind of weird-o!

jan3213

Welcome to both of you

Post by jan3213 »

Nadia and dmkm--this is Jan

Welcome to this site. dmkm, please read the post I left for Nadia. There is some information in it that will explain the symptoms of RLS. I would also suggest that you read as many of the posts in this forum that you can. I'm so sorry that both of you may have RLS. But, if you do, you both need to find a caring doctor, who will listen to you. I do not feel as qualified as some of the people on this forum to guide you in the right direction as far as links that might help inform you--but there are people who are great at researching or who will be extremely helpful in scientific matters. Some of us, like me, are always willing to lend an ear when you need to vent, or a shoulder to lean on when you are discouraged. We're a family here, and there is always someone willing to help. Most of all, you are not alone!!! We're glad you found us!!!

Jan

sardsy75

What are the odds?

Post by sardsy75 »

OK, now i'm officially a lil' freaked out.

Nadia is far from being the most common name in the world ... and yet now there's two of us on the same discussion board! What are the odds?

Then again, when I worked for the university, it was even more freaky, there were actually THREE Nadia's on staff at the Rockvegas campus (although one did insist on spelling it the wrong way i.e. Nardia)

Anyway, welcome to our "family" Nadia and dmkm ... spend some time ferreting about this site and you will find all sorts of useful information.

I will point you in the direction of the "Useful Websites" thread though - http://beta.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94 which will give you plenty of places to find information.

Dkdm - I can totally relate to you disasterous restaurant outing; I went through the same thing when hubby took me out for Valentines Day. My legs just totally did not agree with the chair, or vice versa, and they went absolutely ballistic ... needless to say, we skipped dessert!

Take care of you both!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

jan3213

Nadia meet Nadia (and dmkm meet Nadia #2)

Post by jan3213 »

Hi, this is Jan again

See how quickly people come to your aid? You've just met one of the great researchers I was referring to. Once again, I'm so glad you've found us!!!

Jan