Lucky one -- at least for the time being.

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
nephriticus

Lucky one -- at least for the time being.

Post by nephriticus »

It’s been a long time since I popped in here. (Hello Long Beach gang.)

I had drafted four paragraphs to detail my recent history, but it was more personal information than I need to divulge. More succinctly, a tremendous amount of stress was removed from my life six months ago and since then my RLS symptoms have completely vanished. For two years prior to then I had managed successfully to control the RLS symptoms by various means without pharmaceuticals. Now I do not have to manage at all. There are no symptoms. Even certain foods I avoided, or avoided at certain times, are no longer taboo. The only thing I have not tested is red wines, but my alcohol consumption these days is near zero anyway so no motivation exists to experiment that.

Any in this forum have experiences of the severity of RLS symptoms having a direct correlation to the levels of stress?

BTW – I wish I could parcel out this relief and email it to each of you.
Neph
Currently RLS free. Symptoms stopped almost abruptly after my long term, full time care giving duties ended with passing of wife. No stress, no RLS.

becat

Post by becat »

Oh my, Our Man of the Hour is always Neph.

Hey you, love the Long Beach Gang........keeping that one, ty! :D What a special thing Long Beach will always be in my heart. Meeting Family.
There are a couple of new (not so new) members that would have fit right into that group. I gotta tell you between all of us, we could have been trouble....... :D ........only in a loud and fun way. lol
I to see Kathy, Ann, and Jumpyowl in San Antonio this last Nov.. It was wonderful as usual. Kathy, Jumpyowl, and I went out to dinner. Neph, Jumpy played the violin for us, a borrowed one from a roaming musician. It was just a heart picture for me, something I can always go back to when I'm needing a warm thought. Totally cool.
I'm so glad that things have lightened for the better for you. Time can be helpful in life. My thoughts always with you my friend.
No RLS, awesome.........I'm keeping you anyway. I will not hold it against you that you can sit still....walk with me then? LOL
I hope you new more relaxed state has given you the chance to produce some incrediable new pieces.....Pictures maybe?
Hugs to you my Dear. So SO SO nice to hear from you.
Your always in my moon,
Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

OH OH OH, this is better than getting to the Emerald City!!! To hear from you again after all this time is just wonderful!!! I am soooo happy for you that things are going well. Stress is a huge influence on my RLS (I don't let the wine stop me!) You can PM any of us with your four paragraphs, we would all love to read them. Yes, San Antonio was great. So many friends to see like Becat said. I'm not sure if Ann got to see Jumpy or not but the music he played was beautiful, and it came from the heart. Please stay in touch, you are one of us and always will be regardless of the RLS.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Ruby,
Sorry about your arm and OMG :shock: . Ouch, does it hurt? After you Jan and now you with the IV's, I'm grateful for my veins.
LOL Yup after your play your rep around town will be shot....! LOL :D
Ok, long sleeves or you do every scene with your abused arm facing backstage... trust me, I'm thinking your a dream onstage. I know you light up a room in real.
So glad your home on a cold night, in your cozy slippers, and getting a chance to put your name around here. nice to see you Star.

Neph, you know I can't finish in one post... :D
I'm really wonsering about stress. Yes, I think it makes mine worse, but stress seems to be a natural state of being. I don't think that is a good thing and have been working on two things. The stress I cause myself and the stress I let others stress me. LOL It is almost the same list. LOL
Emtionable habits can be as hard to get rid of, heal, and get over. The older I get, I'm a child :D , I have less gray area, but more gray hair. Go Figure?
So yes, stress effects me, but I can help myself with that better than anything else.
hugs to you both,