Pain moving up from calves to "but" muscles?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jumpy

Pain moving up from calves to "but" muscles?

Post by jumpy »

ok, this is really getting wierd...The pain started out just in my calves and s.ometimes my feet..It's now moved to my thighs and lower back. The muscles around my tailbone. I know this isn't the kidney stones..different kind of pain. Anybody have this kind of movement? I know i am probably augumenting on the Requip and see the dr Tuesday. Hope he doesn't think I'm crazy. I'm on Neurotin 600mg 3xs a day because he thinks the pain is from diabetic nerve damage..had a study done and it did show slight damage. I think it's RLS pain because moving helps and I don't have any trouble walking and the Neurotin has not stoped it. He is also nice enough to allow me 2 lortabs 7.5 a day for the pain. Some days that's just not enough. I'll stop wining now...

ctravel12

pain moving up from calves "but" muscles?

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Jumpy. Please do not apologize for whining. Pain is pain and there is no getting around it.

Are you taking requip and how many mgs? I took requip and augmented on it and am now taking another med.

I have pain in my lower back. Do not have kidney stones; however have a kidney disease and my lower back is really hurting today.

Please let us know what the dr says and hope that you are feeling much better today.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

hi jumpy,

no pain but i get big jerks in my butt.
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

Sugbrenda, I do know what your mean. My mom had the jerks. We have three generations that have RLS. My sick sense of humor kicked in when I read your thread. I know a few "big Jerks" that give me a pain in the butt. Charlene, thanks for asking. I'm on 1 mg of Requip at night. Sometimes I will take one early in the afternoon; If the jumpy or pain starts earlier. As I've said before. I'm not above experimenting. I think that's what most of the Doctors are doing. The augmenting started with Sinemex. That hit really quick. Some days I think the Requip is working and some days not. It seems to stop the "jumpy" but not the pain. And then again maybe the pain is from the diabetic nerve damage and just doesn't fit the descriptions I've read about. That is in my notebook to ask the dr about tomorrow. No matter what I take for the jumpy and pain I still have trouble staying asleep.. That's another subject up for discussion.. Pat

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

jumpy wrote:Sugbrenda, I do know what your mean. My mom had the jerks. We have three generations that have RLS. My sick sense of humor kicked in when I read your thread. I know a few "big Jerks" that give me a pain in the butt. Charlene, thanks for asking. I'm on 1 mg of Requip at night. Sometimes I will take one early in the afternoon; If the jumpy or pain starts earlier. As I've said before. I'm not above experimenting. I think that's what most of the Doctors are doing. The augmenting started with Sinemex. That hit really quick. Some days I think the Requip is working and some days not. It seems to stop the "jumpy" but not the pain. And then again maybe the pain is from the diabetic nerve damage and just doesn't fit the descriptions I've read about.

LOL jumpy, well, if you have RLS i'm pretty sure you know a few pain in the butt's! Like the Dr's that don't work with you..
I have severe burning in my feet sometimes, it feels like i'm walking on hot coals. The nerve conduction study showed "Polyneuropathy" , cause unknown. This was when they discovered all of the white matter on my brain and then i had a reaction from the flu shot. It wasn't til the second year they figured it out, probably cause i didn't have my flu shot through my HMO.

It turned out to be "Gillium Barre' " , i think thats how it's spelled.
Anyway, way OT but that was pretty bad by itself. The pain in my arms and legs was soooo bad, the only way to describe it was like a tetuanus shot every half inch up my arms and legs and i had no feeling when it came to trying to pick things up. I couldn't walk through a store or pick up my new grandson or a cup to drink or get something out of the upper cabinets.

It really messed with my RLS too cause the pain was so bad, i needed cold to get my arms to behave and not hurt so i could fall asleep, i would keep turning the pillows over every few minutes. It was awful.
My neurologist wasn't very good, she should have been able to diagnose me sooner, she always looked half asleep or high,LOL.

There's some nasty things out there!
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda