Hot feet

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
sardsy75

Hot feet and lower legs

Post by sardsy75 »

Bear in mind that it's summer down under, so the air-con is always on at nite in the bedroom (and most days as well)

The nite before last I spent most of the nite wide awake and extremely frustrated ... my lower legs and feet felt like hot rocks; they felt like they were burning and the sweat was literally pouring off them.

We have the air-con fairly cold to ensure a good nite's sleep and I usually have a sheet and two blankets over me for the nite, however, Tuesday nite, I was on TOP of all the sheets and blankets. I eventually found the most comfortable position was to lie on my stomach with my knees bent up and my feet in the air. It was truly bizarre!

I have not usually had hot feet with my RLS as I have Reynaud's Phenomenon which means my hands and feet are usually ice cold from the lack of circulation.

*sigh* oh the joys of this "thing"
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Leonne

Hot Feet

Post by Leonne »

I'm back after a hip replacement. I realy appreciate all the info about hot feet. Betty, I'm your age and you said it right. Thank you.

I noticed a odd thing. Instead of the feet doing their thing, my leg went into convulsions. The only release I could get was to force myself to move my toes up and down several times. It had the same effect, there was no sleep. Four weeks after, I am still having the same problem, however, it is getting better.

Thanks again.

Leonne

Sara

Welcome Back, Leonne!

Post by Sara »

Glad to see you back and posting, Leonne!!!! :D

Sorry to hear about the leg convulsions and lack of sleep. Wow, that sounds rough. Glad to hear that it's at least improving SOMEWHAT at this point! I'm sure even "a little bit better" is a blessing at this point.

I'm assuming that other than that, the hip replacement went well? A friend of ours had that done in his 40s, and he said that the improvement in his lifestyle afterwards has been phenomenal. He had been in such pain before. I hope that you'll have good results as well.

I meant to post a while back about something I thought MIGHT help some of you with really bad "hot feet", but I hadn't had a chance (and lately, about half the time, I can't get the "reply" pages to work here on the forum... can't figure out why.)

Anyway, I got some foot lotion because our climate is very very dry here, and I actually HATE the stuff.... BUT, it made my feet feel like ICICLES, and for an extended period of time.

For ME, this was NOT a good thing, because having my feet be actually cold makes my RLS worse (and because I put it on at night as I was getting into bed, and it took me AGES to get warmed up after).

But it made me wonder if this might not be something that would feel GOOD to those of you with really hot feet.

I bought two little foot cream packets at the WalMart, but I'm sure that you could find a similar product in any drug store with a good lotion section. They were "cherry and mint" foot creams. I've not tried the second packet, since my experience with the first. But I thought while we're having a warm weather period here, I might try it during the DAY, so I can compare the two brands.

If anyone's interested in the specifics, just ask, and I'll get the brand names and such. Since the packets I got were so small, it was a negligible monetary outlay, so worth trying, maybe.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Welcome back, Leonne!!!!!
Sara :D