working with my neurologist in starting up a support group

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

I had an appt with my neurologist last week and have some good news. We talked about this in the past and I guess that I was not ready for this, but am now.

I told my neurologist that I would like to help him set up a support group here in Lake Havasu. He set me with his medical asst and will go to the library here in town as they let you use a room with no charge. So will get the info. started. She said we could start in March. I am really looking forward and will work with her. Will keep you updated on how it turns out.

I often wondered what I could do with my life, and here it was looking me in the face all the time. It will be awesome to help other people. Like I said the move "Pay It Forward" and that is what I will be doing.

Thanks to everyone on this board that has given me the insight to do this.

I will certainly not abandon this board as will still be here for everyone and offer advise and support as much as I can.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

brandy

Post by brandy »

I am so proud of you, Charlene! Your compassion and sincere heart will bring comfort to many, I'm sure, as it already has. I know that you are dealing with your own issues right now, so the fact that you are starting a support group in the middle of all of this just amazes me. You fall into the category of people on this board I wish I could be more like. You go, girl. Just remember to ask for help when you need it and delegate when you can. People are often more invested in a project if they have some sort of responsibility themselves. Good luck, sweetie!
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

ctravel12

working up with my neugologist in starting up a support grou

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Brandy that was the nicest thing you said. If sure made me feel good. Thanks again and I will definitely will call out if I need any help. I will also still be on the board and will not abandon anyone at all.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Charlene, are you going to set up a support group through the RLS Foundation? Or your own that you and the neuro set up? I know the Foundation has many great materials that could help if you are going that way.

It sounds like a wonderful thing for you to do. It feels great to have a purpose, doesn't it?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Ann thanks for the input as I never thought about going through the rls foundation. I will ask my neurologist which way he wants to go.

Yes, it does feel great to have a purpose. Like I said before I often wondered why God put me on this earth and now I know. If it was not for all of you I probably would not even thought of it.

I know that I can get some ideas from this group too.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time