RLS LIFE: Drugs, Side Effects & Everything Else

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Benadryl is a big NO-NO for most of us. . .really makes the RLS bad. Almost all of the OTC allergy meds are. Zyrtec and Allegra are OK, though.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

Brenda nice to see you around my dear, you know prayer will be with you and your DH. Clean and clear for good I will pray. Skilled surgeons and the blessing of a fast healing.
It's full bloom in Dallas too, thankfully the rain washed some of it out of the air, I'm washing the rest down the drain on wipe at a time. UGH, breathing is a habit thankfully, but not easy at this time of year.
Go easy on the Nyquil if you can, it's not going to help those bugs! It's always a choice this time of year.

Glad to see you. :D

Nadia, you know I have come close to investing in a walking stick a couple of times. Thankfully I'm down to 2-3 times in the last year or so it would be needed. My favorite is when you would explain in detail the places you'd go to read. I could see them and use them when my get away places were hard to find.
I have been lucky for a year or so, but am really scared that it is time to change again. After reading your post I think I will wait. How many times must we travel this road?
Yeah I'm glad you got back in time to get the girls. Smiles all around I am sure.
You know I use one story a ton to explain how hard RLS can be to live with.
Ever taken pictures on vacation, your not in them.....not because your behind the camera, but because your back at the room or somewhere where I could sit and wait for everyone to come back to me after they have had their fun. Sux!
But thats why you explain as best as you can, and to the level each can understand what is going on with our bodies. Those girls will feel a sense of power instead of helplessness when you let them help you through a rough time. Yeah for you and the girls. Hugs all a round you know.
Hang in there.
Lynne

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

thank you my friends,

awhile ago they did away with the major decongetive ingredient in Niquil, it's one of the best things for part my nightly cocktail. now my mouth isn't real dry in the morning. but i've never had problems with Niquil.

Now i do think the Benadryl and the Theraflu nighttime or Tylenol nighttime is the problem ofr me right now.

I truly feel blessed though, when i begin to feel sorry for myself i come here ad picture myself here back when my RLS would flare.
i'm very blessed.
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

ctravel12

RLS: DRUGS, SIDE EFFECTS & EVERYTHING ELSE

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Brenda I know that alot of the otc medicine including benadry does a number on the rls. I myself take just .75mg of clonazapem and .125 which I half that of Mirapex and am doing fine. It does not make me sleepy during the day time either. Like we have all said what help's one may not help the other person.

I hope that you are feeling much better.

I will certainly keep your hubby in my prayers for his upcoming surgery. Please let us know now he is doing.

I will be going out of town the 13th of April and will be gone for almost two weeks but plan on taking my laptop with me.

Also please let us know how you are doing too.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

hi all,

well it took 48 hours to get the bugs off of me. Been off Benadryl and Theraflu/ Tylenol severe for 2 nights. WHat a relief!

I am going to share that i am very very sad. I can only do this here so i'll explain.

DH 's doc called, they may postpone surgery cause his 1 kidney is failing.
Has to see Nephrologist Monday, surgery is supposed to be Tuesday.
They also found "something" on his lung. He's to have a MRI friday from top to bottom. It will take hours.

DH is really bad mentally. I am so worried about him.
He's giving up and he's very angry and so hopeless.
He has a shrink and she's changed his meds all over. Trouble is when he gets like this he won't take anything.
I talked to him alot tonight, to not assume anything, to make the most out of everyday cause there are no promises etc.
sorry guys i just needed to vent.
Brenda

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, Brenda - my heart breaks for you both. May you find the strength to get through it, whatever the outcome and however long it takes (of course, all of us will be hoping for the best possible outcome). You have been through so much already - sometimes it just doesn't seem fair, does it? Thank goodness your legs have stopped - that just makes everything seem so much worse.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

RLS LIFE: DRUGS, SIDE EFFECTS & EVERYTHING ELSE

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Brenda I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep saying prayers and know that you will keep us posted on how things are going.

Brenda, please vent all you want. We are here for you. You were there for me when I had a scare on my kidneys, so it is my turn to be there for you and I will be.

My heart ached when you said that your husband feels hopeless and angry. I hope and pray that all goes well next week.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Brenda I'm with you both in prayer and I hope that this passes quickly and good health rebounds.
I know when our loved one are sick and like them for us, we can't do much but listen and hold them.
He's got the right angel on his side, YOU.
We'll build you up and keep you going. I know you want to be there for him, just make sure our Sug is ok too.
Vent as you need my dear.
Hugs and a moon full of love to you.
Lynne

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Oh Brenda, I am so sorry! Bless your heart, you have a hard row to how, don't you honey? It's so hard being the strong one, especially when you get very little sleep yourself.

Like Lynne said, just take care of yourself, too. Your husband will be in our prayers, so will you. Remember the moon....

Hugs
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

D4

Post by D4 »

Brenda, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope you can convince your husband to take his meds. Maybe they will help him think a little more positively and have hope.

I'm praying for both of you!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Oh Brenda, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. Last winter my husband was treated for acute leukemia, and it was pure hell. It's so hard on the spouse, to just be able to watch your loved one suffer and not be able to do anything but be there for him. I wish you the best, and will keep you in my prayers.

Susan

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

thank you everyone, your prayers must be working cause his mental attitude is better even though he had to endure a MRI with his arms up for 2 hours yesterday. One day at a time.

Weird part is it was exactly this time last year his cancer was diagnosed and his kidney removed.
Then he had to be re-opened cause he was bleeding internally.
It took almost a year to heal that wound.

Then my major support system, my brother died in a motorcyle accident this past December.
I know God doesn't give us more than we can endure but....
Brenda

ctravel12

RLS: Drugs, side effects and everything else

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Brenda you have definitely been in my prayrs. You have definitely been through alot. I know that God does not give you more than you can handle; however I am sure that you are wondering and that is ok. He will take care of you.

I have alot of faith and that has brought me through alot of things during my life.

Take care and thanks for letting us know how your husband is doing. Also how are you doing? Please take care of yourself too.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Brenda I will ask mu husband when his next trip is planned your way.
If I can I wiil come and hold your hand and pray with you. I can't make any promises about when this year it will happen, as I think he's been once already, but I ill promise you the support of a family connected with love right here. And me to see you if possible this year.
I'm so glad he did well during the MRIs. Tough in my book any day. Medical problems can be tough on the whole family, don't we know.
My prayers are with you. I know I wonder if God really knows me sometimes, I'm not meant to go it alone. However, there are those times when it's piled on and I see the light......so I turn around cause I'm sure it's a train. LOL I'm kidding.
Hugs and a moon full of love.
Lynne

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

great lynne, it would be great!
You know i'm only a couple of minutes from Hopkins.
Brenda