Where do you buy your meds?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Sojourner

Where do you buy your meds?

Post by Sojourner »

Was curious as to where people buy your med i.e. local pharmacy, on-line pharmacy. Was also curious if anybody ordered from one of the on-line, no prescription needed websites.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I've thought about it, but haven't. I am sooooo tired of the problems with getting narcotics, it's awfully tempting. I have no idea of the legality, however, or if there is any concern about it. Looking forward to other replies.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

HI Mark and Ann,
I feel the same way about this subject. Online pharmacies, buying out of the country, all that stuff.
This is my theory on the subject.
If we buy on line and yes it is tempting, but if we do.....then when we go to see a legit doc locally, it just looks like we are pill poppers, addicts, whatever. It's hard enough to get the help that some of us need without the extra REDTAPE.
I get mine through my insurance (by mail and in mass) and the local pharmacy. I know that in the state of TX. The DPS, or Dept. of Public safety...i.e. state troopers, police, and the DEA are all made aware of each prescription I fill. My doc and my own file is flagged and watched, probably via computer. If it gets out of line, we are both in trouble. So I am carefeul for me, but for my doc as well. IMHO it takes guts for docs to stand up to those agencies for our care and Quality of Life. So I try to respect that.
BTW Mark I love your questions, your a thinker.
Love it!
Hugs Lynne

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Mark, you do have guts asking that question. I wonder how many of us have our online sources lined up in case our doctors deny us treatment...

I've found out that Tramadol seems relatively easy to get online, so if all else fails, that's an option.

Also, there's a pain clinic in Texas, called Madison Pain Clinic where you can submit your medical records if you've been denied treatment for pain by 2 different doctors. I get the impression that they're very thorough about checking out your history, but that they have a strong belief that people are entitled to treatment for pain. They have their own meds compounded and only have something like 75 mg. of acetominophen with their hydrocodone.

I'm not naturally this paranoid about getting meds to treat my conditions, but my experiences along these lines just keep getting worse and worse.

On the other hand, I'm a bit of an idealist, and it seems that those of us who need meds for legitimate medical purposes should be able to get them. And the more of us who stand up for our right to medical treatment, no matter how frustrating and exhausting, the better things will be in the long run.

And then again, it sure would be great to just bypass the whole system.

I have gotten diet pills online in the past, and it was easy, and they were the real thing. That was after I had been prescribed them by a diet clinic, though, and that clinic went out of business.

I really would prefer legitimate medical treatment, but it is just so difficult.

Susan

Neco

Post by Neco »

Hell Tramadol is OTC in many other countries isn't it ?

I dunno... I've considered it myself.. But, with my luck, I'd get busted or some crap like that so I dunno.

Definitely thought about it before.. Everyone seems to know where to get these hookups without getting caught except me, lol

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Ya know, Zach, if you paid attention, there are links every now and then to those sites right here in this forum, right here in this topic...

You have to be quick, though, and find them before our ever-vigilant moderators pull the posts. :wink:

Neco

Post by Neco »

Well, damnit.. That's not fair :?

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Zach wrote:Well, damnit.. That's not fair :?

LOL. There's always Google, too.

Susan

Neco

Post by Neco »

Oh believe me I've tried... I seem to be too poor to buy anything but Tramadol which is still an arm and a leg, too. (omg a pun?)

The price you pay for breaking the law, haha

becat

Post by becat »

Ok, Ok, I'm the bad gal LOL :D I do delete tons of spam a day as do Ann and Jan. I even delete users! :twisted: :D OUCH

But to let those ads go on this board is not the right thing in the long run.
Yes, I consider them spam, unwanted and unneeded, but I understand that some would see it as an option or even valued information.

Your right we can goggle anything and find it, which is better for all of us. That way this board is protected from harm and is here to let us support, educate, and share with each other.

The real reason we do this is that the Foundation is suppose to be a giver of unbiased information, however, we are no always unbiased here. Which is fine by me, we learn best from each other.

For me personally I would be scared about quality, having heard some stories on the news about how easy for even real pharmacies get ripped off. Go Figure on that one. Scary. So better to goggle than to have it here.

Susan thanks for the info about the clinic in Tx. Cool! I'm lucky to have a doc that is an expert (without living with it) and my problem will be what I can use in the future, not if I can get .......I pray.

However, for many years that I did not have treatment and even after, I so wanted to be one of the ones that got lucky and not get caught ( :wink: Zach), but I'm a chicken. We traveled at that time to Mexico about every 2 years and I could have, just chickened out every time. If I hadn't had kids I might indulge myself in other forms of relief, but I couldn't. So I played by the rules until I could not take it anymore....then I took the big guns with me, my hubby, lol. That worked well for me. I know not everyone has the options I've had or get. For that I'm am truly sorry. Quality of Life counts, bar NONE!

This is why I started the Quality of Life statements project. No one seemed to understand exactly what day to day life was really like for us, some, most..... Just to make it through the day, only to have to really make it through the night, it's too much.

It's still not easy for many people to get teh help they need. That is a problem that must be fixed. From the news today we will not get much sympathy from anyone. A new study out said that the #2 reason for accidental death in car accident were from side effects of prescription drugs. I just wanted to throw up. Ugh, it's going to be a long fight. I already put my hat in that ring 3 yrs ago, and AIN't Stopping for Anything!
Hugs to all,
Lynne

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

http://www.vipps.info/

Here is a list of online pharmacies that I would trust. Personally, I would not trust an online pharmacy where one just does an email interview or phone interview with a doctor. Not only could the drugs be of questionable quality but how about my credit card information?

I remember checking into it years ago and one web site had no physical address or P.O. box listed which for me was a red flag then when I clicked to buy a drug (just out of curiosity but wasn't going to buy it) the web site wasn't even encrypted with the "https." :shock:

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Dinker, yes...thinker, Mmmmmmmm. Don't know about guts posting but surly some people out there with big kahunas responding!!!!!!javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Lynne, Oh, by the way, next time you're going south give us all a heads up!

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

I have bought meds from MedicineMexico. I was afraid at 1st for the quality but all of the meds came factory sealed, individually packaged and the expiration date was fine. I was really really angry that I had to send away to get the meds at a cheap price when the company's were all big name drug companies right here in the USA!

I wouldn't hesitate to order again from there. Especially if for some reason i was taken off of my meds. I won't go without sleep ever again if i have anything to say about it!

My father in law goes down to Mexico (from Arizona) to get some of his meds b/c they are cheaper.

The reason i ordered was my daughter was in college with no health insurance so i ordered a bunch of antibiotic's and things she would need for a year or so.
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I was reading Dr. B's book last night and this morning - bad night, not much sleep... He really seems to like the drug cabergoline, because it's highly effective, and has such a long half life, so it doesn't cause augmentation. He talks about the prohibitive cost in the US. I wondered what he meant by that - OK, $1000/month for starters. I guess that is prohibitive.

But you can get it online from Europe for about $100/month...

Of course, with that one I'd want to be monitored because of the possiblity of heart valve damage. I'm going to ask my sleep doc what he thinks of that one. I could always start treatment for prolactinemia, which is covered by insurance, and see if it works. (Hey, I'm a woman and I've had that problem before. 8) )

Now I need to research the risks of long term opioid use versus long term cabergoline use...

I'm really loving Dr. B's book. He talks about all kinds of treatments that aren't available here in the US - like good antinausea drugs you can get in Canada and Mexico. Or the part about marijuana - This stuff works great. don't take it, it's illegal. It only takes one or 2 puffs off a joint. Don't take it, it's illegal. It works for severe RLS, and it works immediately. Don't use it, it's illegal. :wink:

The only thing I'm not liking about Dr. B's book is that I'm realizing that both my kids need to be seriously evaluated for RLS. :(