Lexapro and rls

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
nancyhugh

Lexapro and rls

Post by nancyhugh »

Does anyone know if lexapro (escitalopram) can cause rls? I believe some antidepressants can.
And what about orap( Pimozide) and dixarit (clonadine)? I know some people are prescribed clonadine for rls, but i think it was one of these medications that gave me my restless legs. If i could change it for something else maybe it would relieve my rls.
"Without haste, but without rest."-Goethe

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

All ADs can, unfortunately.
The problem is that it's different for each person. Some of us can't tolerate any, and some of us can tolerate one or two, but only by trying them can we figure it out.

CLonodine actually has helped some RLS patients, so it shouldn't be a problem, BUT, again, there aren't many absolutes here. One of the problems is that it can sometimes be hard to pinpoint the cause of worsening RLS. Sometimes we think it's something, only to change it and have the RLS stay anyway.

I don't know anything about the other one - orap. What is it used for? I usually Google these things to find out, but I am a bad girl - I'm supposed to be working instead of being here, so I don't have time :shock:
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hi Nancy, I just went back on Lexapro, and yes, it does aggravate my RLS. But it seems to help with my pain tolerance - I have no idea why, but I'm in a lot less pain. More creepy-crawlies, less pain. But I am coping better with it all. I'm hoping to try Welbutrin again, but for now, the Lexapro works for my depression.

Good luck. It's all a big balancing act.

Susan