checking in

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Penguinrocks

checking in

Post by Penguinrocks »

hi everyone

so, been in a full fibro flare then the rls kicked in high gear...hard to sit at a computer...if i sit too long then i can't move

get this...the XMIL's sister has RLS...so NOW it's real...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

why? i guess i must look like a total and complete liar....everyone seems to think i am....

love you and miss you
penguin
Beware the Penguin

ctravel12

checking in

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Penquinrocks It is so good to see you post again. I am sorry about your fibro flare and then the raging of your rls.

You certainly are not a liar. Who said you were a complete and total liar, let me at them I will show them

:evil: :evil:

We love you and get feeling better soon.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

I don't think you are a liar and your perfect to us babe!
Tell that XMIL to nibble your bum........LOL
I knew the weather was going to be bitter for you and all my friends, that actually get winter. I'm sorry honey, I'd help you shovel snow if I were there. This winter has been tough for so many of us. I hate to think what kind of a summer it will bring. I'm moving !!!!! LOL I wish.

And my gosh your line of work has taken a hit in the press lately too....I know I've told several people ( in my new circle) that I have one great VA person that I know loves her vets.....That would be you my dear.

It's times like these I wish we were all a little closer, just a dinner together could make the world spin a bit easier.
I hug you. I love you. I'm blessed to have a wonderful Penguin in my life.
Don't let that bitter woman get to you. Smile and think of your time to come, it's not far and look just how far you've come.
I think your a wonder!
Hugs and always the moon.
Lynne

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

gee penguin and i thought you heard, we are all imagining it! yep! thats the scuttlebutt! 8)

i bet you would looooooove to serve XMIL a big ol dish of crow and say choke on it!!!!!!!

sorry feeling rather mean today, my imaginary leg pain is kicking in with a vengeance!

good luck to you pengquin and hang in there!

dee

When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.
Mark Twain
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

hi my beautiful people

i have NEVER felt this much pain...actually thought i was having a heart attack today

the pain between my shoulder blades is about an 11

called my massage therapist......HE'S BACK FROM WASHINGTON STATE!!!!

thank the Lord...going to see him Sunday...is it sunday yet?

i love you all so very much....i just don't know how i'm gonna make it thru this one.....
Beware the Penguin

GRNMOUNTGRL

Post by GRNMOUNTGRL »

Hey all, I haven't been here for awhile but did have some questions. My RLS has made a turn around now that I am no longer working at the high stress job. I would say that the 24-7 RLS problems I was having appear to be triggered by stress. Now I am not a doctor but it is amazing the difference for me now that so much of that stress is gone. I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders. I have been switched to Mirapex and that may be making a difference also. The Requip was just not working at all anymore, and I was suffering so bad I could not stand it anymore.

But, things seem to be controllable now and I am so glad. I have Arthritis really bad also, in my hands, legs, feet, back and shoulders. Now I am finding that several of my large muscles are aching all the time. I can hardly move at times because my whole body is hurting, I walk around like a 100 year old woman. I have trouble getting up from a sitting position, getting in and out of my car, turning over in bed, my body and muscles just hurt. I have to hang on to the railing when I go down the stairs from my living room to kitchen and it is just 4 steps. Could this be something more???? I haven't been able to talk about this with my doctor yet because since not having a job, I don't have any insurance right now.

Along with the body acheing all the time, there is the falling asleep all the time, that might be from the Mirapex and the fact that I sleep crummy at night. I was supposed to have a sleep study but that was put off when I left my job.

So any ideas on the body acheing and hurting and trouble moving???
Take care all,

ctravel12

checking in

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi grnmountgirl so glad to see you back and that your rls is doing fine.

Not having any medical background I cannot answer about you having arthritis in hands, legs, feet, back and shoulders. Did you have those same feelings when your rls was at its worse? When you were seen by your dr did he/she ever give you something for arthritis and was it this bad then as it is now?

Is it possible that you can talk to you dr on the telephone and ask him these questions. I am just offering some ideas and hope that I was able to help somewhat.

How long have you been on Mirapex and what is the mg you are taken? I do not know if this is the cause of it as like I said I am not in the medical field.

You said that you left your high stress job? Are you still working, and if so, is this job offering medical? I know there is a waiting period for any medical with a new job. Gosh, I don't want you to think that I am asking alot of personal questions, just am concerned.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing and get the much relief you need.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

GRNMOUNTGRL

Post by GRNMOUNTGRL »

Charlene,
My Arthritis has been getting progressively worse over the years. This acheing in the muscles has just started over the last 6 months. This having a hard time moving has just started within the last 6 months. I wonder if it is something else now. I am not working at another job just yet other then the same part time job I had while I still had the high stress job. I was just working there on weekends and this has continued but they have added some hours to help me make it while I look for another full time position. I am on the Mirapex, just started, my doctor just raised the mg but I can't remember just how much it is, I know I take two pills in the evening now where I was just taking one. The Mirapex seems to be working, but then the Requip helped in the beginning also.

I can call my doctor, she is awesome. I need to go there tomorrow anyway to pick up some meds. She has been giving me what I need for the past year or more. I guess I just wondered if anyone else had this awful muscle pain in the arms and legs. At night when I turn over I actually have to pick up my one arm with the other one to move it because the muscles hurt so bad. I know that when I get off this chair and start to walk I am going to be in agony.

Thanks for the support. I can't remember all of your questions, so I will check the site in the morning and answer the rest.

Rory

ctravel12

checking in

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Rory
I am glad that you have a wonderful dr that you can talk to. Like I said I know that you do not have insurance, but maybe she can give you some info and maybe some samples that may help.

I am so sorry about your arthritis getting worse over the years I know alot of the otc med can trigger the rls too. It is like a "Catch 22"

Please let us know what the dr says and hope that you will find the relief that you definitely need.

You are more than welcome for the support and I will be here whenever you just want to talk. I wish I could do more than that but I know having someone to talk to is helpful too.

Good luck and please keep in touch.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Hi everyone,
Rory I'm so glad to hear the stress level is going down. Yes it's very helpful, isn't it?
The only thing I really know about Arthritis is that is a joint issue and allergies make it worse, plus the cold, right?
It's been a heck of a winter for much of the country, not easy for joint pain.
I would question whether this might be from the Requip not working after a certain period of time. Like Augmentation? I am no doctor either, but I know that for myself the only thing that helped the pain part (besides pain meds) was an up dose on my Mirapex. But I finally had to stop that completely. Don't let that freak you out, I'm never normal. LOL
However, I said just what you said a dozen times.....I walk like I'm a 100.
Once I got to manage the pain, Thankfully I haven't locked up like that more than 3-4 times in the past year or little more.
So to answer, yes it could be RLS if it involves the muscles.
It was nice to see you here. :D
Love hugs and the moon,
Lynne

GRNMOUNTGRL

Post by GRNMOUNTGRL »

Thanks a bunch, I am glad that I came back here. Question...Is no one ever on the chat room anymore? I have tried for months and every time I get in I am the only one there.
Rory

ctravel12

checking in

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Rory, we are meeting on Monday nights in the chat room. It is 8:30 pm my time which is mountain time. We would love to have everyone that could join us. We have a good time. Hope to see you and anyone else next Monday.

Take care and hope that you are doing much better.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Charlene, where is the chat room? I can't find it anywhere in this site...

Susan

GRNMOUNTGRL

Post by GRNMOUNTGRL »

So the chat room wouldbe open at what time Eastern time zone?

Thanks for the information, I had wondered about the chat room and all the other stuff we talked about. Sent an e-mail to my doctor, we will see what happens. I have no insurance right now but she is really good about helping me.

Rory

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

DEEEAAARRRR PENGUIN,
HIYA!

I don't know how I missed this before but HowDEEEE.

Uh, don't even wonder about whether anyone is thinking of you as a liar or whatever. That's THEIR problem. People draw conclusions without any real thought. It's mind boggling how people think.

We LIKE Penguin.

So there.

WELP...that's about all I gotta say.
See ya later.
God Bless You
Randy