looking for an active chat room for sleepless night chats

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
restlessbetsy

looking for an active chat room for sleepless night chats

Post by restlessbetsy »

Hello. I'm new here but not new to RLS. I've suffered with it since college. That means I've been dealing with it for about 7 years now. I've had some relief here and there but have been having a horrible bout with it lately. I'm looking for a place to communicate with others who have RLS and this seems like a great place. However, I'm having a hard time finding an active chat room. It would be nice to have a place where I can chat with people on those nights when sleep just won't come. Anyone know of such a place? I know there is one on this site but it's not active this time of night---2 a.m. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Restless Betsy

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I could have sworn there used to be a chat room for us hardcore insomniacs. :shock: I can't find one on this site, and I've been looking in every nook and cranny around here. It's after 4 am on Tuesday morning, sigh. My daughter had a total meltdown and a screaming and doorslamming trantrum because of a homework assignment. That didn't help me relax...

But seriously, of all the sites that should have a middle-of-the-night chat room, the RLS site would be a likely spot. :idea:

Susan

restlessbetsy

on chat rooms

Post by restlessbetsy »

Thanks for the reply, Susan. I looked around here to. There is one but it says something about being active between 8 and 9 p.m. I signed on late and there was no one there. I know there are enough people up late with RLS that it would be a useful way to find support in the wee hours. I may inquire with this site about that. I don't have too many nights like that. But, when I do, it would be nice to have a place to go to that is active. I'll keep looking around and post any results I find.

Beth

stitch

Post by stitch »

I will try to get you there but don't if it will work.
1: On 1st page go to "All about RLS" and in the drop down box to to the Communicate with other".
2: Click that and I believe you have to sign in and then a page comes up and you need to delete "JAVA" and put your nic.
3:And also the next line put your nic and go to connect and the chat rm appears.
4:They say they chat between the hrs of 8pm to 10pm and 1 nite I was there and I got to chat and everyone was so nice. But I have not seen anyone since that nite. I need to chat late at nite when I can't sleep.

Good luck and I hope what I typed works, and maybe we can start a late at nite chat rm. Jeannie

restlessbetsy

Post by restlessbetsy »

Thanks so much, Jeannie. I'll check it out from time to time and will definitely try it out at the peak times.

PJ

Post by PJ »

I heard it was Monday evenings 8-10pm CST (west coast time) which means that if you live on the east coast or central time zones you need to make time adjustments. I too have looked for a chat on those nights when I could not find sleep and there is never anyone in the chat room. I wonder if the EST people would be interested in choosing a different time and meeting up to talk? I try to be in bed by 11pm every evening and the CST time would be 1am here.

I do remember several years ago that it was an open chat every evening and no matter what time you signed on there was someone in the room. It was so informative. Guess most of us now have our "cocktails" (meds) and are sleeping instead :)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

PJ, my guess is that if you created a new post saying, Hey! Anyone want to chat right now? and posted it at the time you wanted to talk, you'd get a taker. Most of us just don't sign in because we don't know if anyone is there.

I've seen others do that and get takers.

Also, PM someone who you think likes to chat. I've had people PM me before and ask if I was available and then I would sign in. I don't chat much these days (too busy), but I know that at that time I did.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.