Coffee and a chat!!!!!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
lyndarae

Coffee and a chat!!!!!

Post by lyndarae »

Hey all, Lyndarae here. I thought I would just throw this out!! I know we all have such busy lifes its hard to meet in the chat room at the same time. I know I like to share with some of you things going on in my life. Or just say hey and how is your day going. My day revolves around my RLS,but I'm sure there are those comming into the forum that don't want to read about things some of us like to share with each other. So I just thought maybe this could be a thread for us to share, vent, just say howdy!! We usually end up talking about our good and bad days with RLS anyway, but I thought this would save people who don't want to read anything but RLS information from wasting their time what do ya think???

You know I thought that guest in post observations was just MEAN. But Sara says its not good to feed the trolls(whatever that means) she is one smart lady so I'm not going to touch it again. I saw the northern lights last night what a gift from GOD that was, WOW My feet are sizziling all day again. Guess its back to the Doc. oh well it could be worse, at least I have feet. I wore a nice pair of my boots yesterday as I took Trish out to lunch for her b'day. Ladies I tell you what my dogs were barking. I hate that I can no longer were my cute heels. Unless I actually want to crawl around!!LOL well I say it was fun whiel it lasted. I understand if this post is a bad idea. Just thought I would put in my 5cents.~~~~~~((((hugs)))) Lyndarae

jan3213

COFFEE AND CHAT--GOOD IDEA!!

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Lyn, it's Jan

Hey, I think you hit on a good idea, girlfriend!! This way, we can keep up with each other and others will get to know us. I hope some of you newbies join in!! I think it's good for us to just talk and get to know each other, if you want to. Kind of gets your mind off RLS for awhile. So you saw the Northern Lights. My Michael (my son for those of you who don't know) was stationed in Anchorage, AK and he talked about the Northern Lights all the time. He said they were beautiful!!! We were supposed to be able to see them a little bit way down here in So. Illinois, but I didn't go out and look. Everytime they say we can "see" something, I NEVER see it!! Ha! I'm going to a bridal shower for a woman who worked in the office next to me this evening. She's been divorced for a long time and has a teenage son. She is a wonderful person and I'm so glad she found someone. This will be a fun shower!! And, I'll get to see some of the people I worked with. I'm supposed to be doing laundry, but UGH!!! I can't seem to get with it. I was much more organized when I worked full time. Ha! It's a beautiful day here in So. Illinois, but finally the right temp for this time of year. I think the high today is around 60 degrees. It's supposed to freeze tonight (hard freeze). That will take care of all the things that cause our allergies to flare up!! Do you have snow yet, Lyn? We have actually had snow on Halloween here before. This is an unusually warm fall for us, even in Southern Illinois. Well, guess I'd better get back to my laundry. Hope everyone has a great day!! Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

hey girlfriend we have snow on the mountains but the last two days have been sunny,crisp and beautiful (no coats for a few hours) Have fun tonight. I have to work. The new client moved in yesterday so I will be meeting her tonight. Im going to take them to Walmart I need to pick up my meds so I will take them out for the ride. Part of my job is getting them out into the community as much as possible~~~~~~~~~~love you Lyn

ViewsAskew

Messenger?

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hey, guys, some other people on another board have given each other their instant messenger names so it's easier to see who's online when someone wants to chat. You'd have to decide what messenger to use, but that might work well.

Ann

jan3213

Instant messanger names

Post by jan3213 »

Hi View, it's Jan

That sounds fine to me, but--I hate to admit this--I have no idea how to do that. This is the first time I have ever belonged to anything like this and I plead ignorance!! Do you mean our passwords? See, I told you I was totally ignorant about this. Ha! HELP!!!

Jan

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

hey view, I would also need to now how to do that. You sure can tell who the oldes but goodies are were the ones that dont know how to use our computers!!!!!!LOL... I just got my computer in June so I learn something new everyday.My daughters learned how to use the computer when they were babe's oh well Im digging it now. But I would love to know how to instant message a few people in the forum. thanks for any and all help I could sure use it. bye all~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

jan3213

Woke up in the middle of the night!

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Lyn

As you can see, I woke up in the middle of the night. I'm trying to get sleepy to I can go to bed. You're not at work? My RLS is bothering me. I hope it's not because of the Effexor I'm on for my Fibromyalgia. My neuro said it might make my RLS worse, but it hasn't so far. Tonight, however, I even have it in my arms! I've been on it for about 2 weeks. Maybe it took that long to do anything. I'm about to go crazy. It's in my arms, my back, my legs--it's getting worse and worse. I think I'm going to go mad!!! I feel like I did when I had surgery and the kept giving me meds in my IV to make me sleepy before I went in to surgery and I ended up wanting to climb the walls. I'm going to go insane! It's only about 3 am here and his office doesn't open until 9 am. I'm also sick at my stomach. Well, I guess I found out I can't take Effexor. The more I sit here, the worse it gets. I don't know if I'll make it until morning.

Jan

I'll let you know what happens later.

ViewsAskew

Instant messaging

Post by ViewsAskew »

Instant messengers are small programs that you install on your computer. Many of them are free. You register with the program and create a user name. You then tell other people you know what your user name is. When you log onto the Internet, anyone with your user name in their program who also belong to that program will get a little notification that you are online (and vice versa). You can then instant message them (IM) through a dialog box on your computer. If you do not want anyone to see that you are on, you can turn it off at any time. The ones that I know of that are free are AIM (AOL instant messenger), MSM (Microsoft Messenger), and Yahoo Messenger (there easily could be more). You'd have to pick the same one. If you have Windows XP, Windows Messenger is already on your PC and you can set up your account by opening it. Here are links to the first three I listed.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/download/
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/starting_ou ... .adp?aolp=
http://messenger.msn.com/

Multiple people can see that you are online at the same time, so as many people as have your username can participate in the conversations. But, only people who have it can participate. You could post it as part of your profile on here, or private message it to those that you wanted to know. If anyone else knows anymore than this, please chime in!

Ann

Post by Guest »

ok.. I just lost my post into cyberspace...so I will write again now

I just tried to follow the link to yahoo messenger for jan3213... didn't work.

Anyone who wants to set up a chat on yahoo.. please add me to your list... my id is katied55791. please sent a note with it so that I know where you are from.

also, I have noticed a chat room here at RLS... anyone try it? I was there but it was empty.

everyone have a good day

Keepingstep

Post by Keepingstep »

that last post from 'guest' was really me. I wasn't able to make that post under my nickname. Log off and Log on fixed that.

Couple of things about the various messenger products..

MSN is a PAY site now. Most people I know won't pay to chat
I like yahoo because you can leave messages for people who are not yet online and it will get delievered when they do log on... and you can keep a complete file of your conversations, so it is nice to refer back for information you might has missed.

hope to hear from you folks....

ViewsAskew

Yahoo it is

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yahoo works fine for me. Is everyone OK choosing that? If so, try the link previously posted. If it doesn't work, simply do an Internet search for Yahoo messenger and you'll find a link to the site. It's probably easy to find at yahoo.com, too.

The advantage of any instant messenger is that it's easy to tell if anyone on your list is online any time you are online. With the chat function, you have to go in and wait and see if anyone shows up. As soon as you leave 'cus no one is there, someone else shows up!

I just went to download it and noticed that it will try to change some of your settings and give you stuff you don't necessarily want. So. . . if you want it, start the download. When it asks what kind of installation, choose Custom. Select ONLY Messenger. On any screen deselect to make Yahoo your primary email client, primary search engine or anything else it asks. That way you shouldn't screw up any of your existing settings. As you go through the set up process, make sure you review each page for automatic settings that would change your browser, set up a new email address, etc!

I just set myself up as viewsaskew2. Now, the key is to remember to start it when I am online and available :roll:

jan3213

I just sent you a PM

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Keepingstep

I just sent you a PM.

Jan

jan3213

Question for View

Post by jan3213 »

Hi View, it's Jan

Is Windows Messanger the same as Instant Messanger?

Jan

ViewsAskew

Names

Post by ViewsAskew »

Not sure, Jan. Do you have something already set up called Instant Messenger? Hope you saw the message I posted at the same time you posted this. I'm set up in Yahoo and Keepingstep and I have exchanged our first message.

If you don't want people to know you are online at times, you can sign in as invisible. You'll get a notification that someone sent you a message, and you can choose to respond or not at that time, or wait until later. Since I work at home and am online 24 hours a day (cable modem), I often do that. Then I don't have to worry about feeling bad if I am working and someone wants to talk - they just see that I am away. It's the only way I can separate work and keep focused!

Ann

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

HUH!!!! I followed that for a little bit then got lost . But I get the idea and love it!!! Once we have decided on which one to use maybe you could walk me threw it a little slower.......I love my instant messinger I use with msn. and I was useing aim with my daughter..
JAN HON I was online till the wee hours last night Im so sorry we didnt hook up. Jan I hate to here you are in pain....Hopefully by now you have talked to your doc and things are calming down. Its my turn to worry about you. Lets really try to get the IM going so this wont happen again when we need each other!!!!! Thanks everyone for pointing this out and helping us newbies learn how to reach out to each other in a better way. Jan please let me know how you are.. I love you~~~your pain is mine~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae