Just Stuff

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
bradyferguson

Just Stuff

Post by bradyferguson »

bye
Last edited by bradyferguson on Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sara

Motivation

Post by Sara »

Brady,

The will and determination to make the most of whatever time we're given here on earth with the ones that we love is, to ME, the ultimate motivation to stay focussed through RLS or ANY OTHER chronic ailment or life difficulty.

Orneriness (toward illness and unsympathetic medical people, not toward those who are trying their best to support me :wink: ) is definitely a well-used weapon in my coping-with-life arsenal. When I sit down and feel sorry for myself, I'm in trouble. When I stand up and meet life head-on, I can make the most of it.

Keep fighting where the fight is needed, Brady, and keep loving those who are standing behind you. I think you're on the right track. :D

Best to you and Martina and your family.
Sara

becat

Your working those wings

Post by becat »

Brady,
You are working those wings now, aren't you? It was a relief for me to get to that "fight" attitude, rather than the hopelessness. It will serve you well my dear.
You know one of things I heard in Long Beach is what most of us hear say. This time it was being said by one of the keynote speakers.......
He said "you deserve the best treatment available and you deserve to have a good quality of life." :shock: You can only imagen my shock and surprise. This was a doctor telling us what most of us have been screaming for so long. So guess what, there are docs. out there that understand and feel the same way. Not all yet, but we're working it. One doc. at a time if we have to.
Once we move past the hopelessness, we have acceptance and hope. I, like you and Sara, (probably most of us) added a little fight to push me in the right direction.
Brady, this will not be the last time your hopeless, angry, or grieving the RLS you live with. We will all have these from time to time..........
The secret is to live through it and past it.
I'm proud of you Brady, proud of you working so hard to keep your forward motion. Your a good man and your wife is surely glad to have someone so special. I hope you know how awesome it was for you to thank her in sucha beautiful way. Your sure to be a blessing to each other, as you are to all of us.
Hugs to ya, Keep up the good fight,
AND WATCH OUT ORLANDO........RLS IS ON CALL. I'll be there with you.

jan3213

HEY GUYS, ADD ME TO THE MIX!!!

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Brady, Sara and Becat!!! It's (you guessed it) Jan

First of all, Brady, the message you wrote to Martina was absolutely beautiful. Your devotion to your wife and children (born and soon to be born) is something very special. I'm so glad I'm getting to know you better! Martina, if you read this, he also has a very special wife. I want you to know that!

Brady, I feel just like you do! I consider it my (our) duty to help those who come after us!!! I wasn't at Long Beach (though I really wanted to be). But, Becat, I'll be saving those pennies to get to Orlando!! I don't think you'll be able to keep me away next year! Brady, hang on! I know how hard it is, and I know how emotions can take their toll when you don't sleep! It's not your fault--but you've got a great support system--you're such a good man.

I feel like we have such a "good team" here, and I know that we are ALL ready to fight the good fight! RLS IS NOT DEFINING US!! WE ARE GOING TO FIGHT IT!!!

To my fellow "warriors"

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.