Mirapex and Motility problems (Stomach problems)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
bradyferguson

Mirapex and Motility problems (Stomach problems)

Post by bradyferguson »

bye
Last edited by bradyferguson on Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey Brady, Ya know I learn something new here everyday. I have increased my mirapex in the last 2 weeks and ya know I have been wakeing up with wicked heartburn. And my tummy hurts alot,like Ive eaten a big meal and havent. And another thing Iv'e noticed is the decline in my appietite. I have lost right around 8lbs in the 2 weeks Iv'e been on it. I keep thinking all this is due to stress from the new job, I think NOT!!!! I have had about a **** full of this!!!! But life goes on and so shall I. But I'm realizing that I am having more and more side effects...YUCK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

bradyferguson

Post by bradyferguson »

bye
Last edited by bradyferguson on Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

dar

motility problems

Post by dar »

bradyferguson, how long did they do the gastric emptying study for? If the test only lasted for 90 minutes they may have missed the cause of your problems. It is recommended if everything is normal at 90 minutes that the test continue for up to 4 hours. I have gastroparesis which is why I know this tiny bit of info.

bradyferguson

Post by bradyferguson »

bye
Last edited by bradyferguson on Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dar

Post by dar »

Gastroparesis is diagnosised by a gastric emptying study. Some of us with a normal GES at 90 minutes do not have a normal GES at 180 minutes etc. I did not have any movement at 90 minutes so I was an obvious case of gastroparesis but it took 3 GIs before they figured out what was wrong with me. It is not a well known illness. The food in your stomach during an endoscope does indicated slowed digestion.Did you GI have any explanation has to why there was still food in your stomach? Gastroparesis does cause nausea, hearburn, early feeling of fullness, stomach pain, vomiting. I have tried mirapex and it did give me stomach problems. I also had problems with requip and sinemet CR. The opiates are also bad for stomach motility. Alot of medications can reduce stomach emptying. I am taking klonopin for RLS. Several others on a Gastroparesis board with RLS are also taking klonopin. It has a side effect of helping with nausea which I really need.