can spinal anesthetic cause rls?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
rhondaks

can spinal anesthetic cause rls?

Post by rhondaks »

I had a knee replacement three weeks ago. I had trouble with the spinal anesthetic as they had trouble getting the needle in and I had headaches and vomiting after surgery. Since my surgery I have severe muscle cramps that range from the spinal injection site down my leg that was operated on. This keeps me awake at night and wakes me with a jolt when I do manage to get some sleep. The symptoms are only when I am at rest. Does this sound like rls?

tequialrose8877

Spinal

Post by tequialrose8877 »

Hi, I also had a spinal during knee replacement surgery. I had no symptoms of RLS until about a week after the surgery. There is no family history that I know of. My surgeon said that RLS is a frequent problem after surgery but often disapears after a period of time. Well guess what I am post surgery almost 2 years and still suffering. I have found some relief with the use of mirapex but am now noticing an augmentation of symptoms. My Dr. has no answers as to why, but I bear the brunt.
Tequilarose8877*RestlessCowgirl

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I found some info on surgery that may apply here; was being lazy and left it with other links in another thread.

http://beta.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=671

Ann