Oh, goodie.... leg twitching... a new symptom

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Sara

Oh, goodie.... leg twitching... a new symptom

Post by Sara »

:lol:

I've heard some of you mention this before, and I know I had it when I was a kid, but haven't in ages. A muscle in the back of my right calf seems to be doing a can-can all by itself.

I can't tell if it's visible, as many of you with twitching have mentioned (it's COLD and I have a lot of layers of long-john and such on my legs.) But I CAN feel it through my clothes, so I assume if I was wearing a dress, it'd be quite obvious.

How bizarre! :lol:

Do we think that this is an RLS thing, definitely? I have had mild RLS for the last 36 hours or so, continuously, because of a lack of sleep due to sick kids in the house, and now due to my catching what they had. But when I got up this morning, I had the twitching in the back of my lower calf, more subtley than now. And now that I've sat down again after making breakfast and such, it's moved up and is really strong.

Hmmm.... what next? :roll: :lol:

Take care, everybody.
Sara :D

kmoliver84

Post by kmoliver84 »

It's probably not RLS. Twitching is sometimes stress-related. When I'm stressed, my eyelids twitch. You may just be lacking something in your diet. Do you take a multivitamin? Try that, you need it anyway :wink: If it persists, go to a doctor.

ViewsAskew

Too weird

Post by ViewsAskew »

You know, I almost posted the thing about the eyelids, but decided not to. I actually looked up muscle tics and twitches about a month ago because my eyelids had been twitching for a while. Well, since about the time that the drugs stopped working and I stopped sleeping and couldn't get to the new neurologist and couldn't get paying work done and. . .well, you get the picture. Stress. My eyelids are still doing their little dance two months later, so I guess I'm still stressed :roll: .