Restless Leg Syndrome and Pregnancy

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Anji

Restless Leg Syndrome and Pregnancy

Post by Anji »

Hope someone may have suggestions...I was diagnosed with RLS last March after many sleepless nights throughout my life - it increasingly got worse with age. We (my neurologist and I ) finally found a wonderful medication that works to take care of the problem - a parkinson's med. called sinemet - however it can not be taken while pregnant or breast feeding. My husband and I found out in July that we were pregnant and of course stopped the meds immediatley. I am now 23 weeks and have gone days at a time without sleep - I will eventually fall asleep out of exhaustion after three or four days, but only for an hour or two at the most, and then it starts over again...I still have until the end of March, and then of course not until we stop breast feeding can I resume my medication. I am exhausted and need any advice from others on ways to get rest. I exercise as much as I can - eat correctly - and so forth and my doctor has said that other than that, there is not much that can be done since my case is so severe. I would appreciate any input!!! Thanks so much for your suggestions! Sincerely, Anji

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Anji, I'm not awake enough this morning or I'd help you look, but I know I saw other threads about this. Have you tried the Search function at the top of the screen? And if you don't find it here, there are are a couple of other support groups. I know I saw a thread about it recently. Maybe someone else will remember.

BTW, my heart goes out to you. It's bad enought to thrash around now, but pregnant? Seems like it should be illegal :lol: .

Ann

becat

Hi Anji

Post by becat »

Good Morning to you both,
Anji, welcome! I hope maybe we will be able to provide some soild support for you while you making this baby. It's been 17 yrs since I've made one, but I remember how tough it can be. Your welcome to come here anytime and vent or share your thoughts and insights. You never know who you'll be able to help the next woman facing this very thing.
You first, I think our sleepy Ann meant this thread, so I copied a link for you.
http://www.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44
I do recommend that you read as much as possible here. Tons of awesome information. Education about this disorder is the very best weapon. We'll help where we can. If I find others I'll put a link here for you as well.
Hope this helps.
Congrats on the baby and have a great day.

Anji

Thank you

Post by Anji »

Thank you both for the tips - just getting a chance to read up now...it is both good and bad to see I am not the only one going through this...I do appreciate the support and kind words from you! Best wishes to you and much restful nights! :) Sincerely, Anji