Proof Positive We WERE HEARD

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
becat

Proof Positive We WERE HEARD

Post by becat »

n/a
Last edited by becat on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

WAY TO GO, TEAM!!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, we CAN make a difference. This board has helped so many people, if only to know that they are not alone. Becat has done excellenct work in putting this all together and for getting it to those who matter. You should have seen her at the conference in Long Beach. That beautiful voice and face, asking politely but firmly for each presenter and important person to please take the time to read the Quality of Life Statements. Honey, if you had just mailed them it would not have happened!! But it does take all of us. We all have our talents and ambitions. Becat is right. Because of funding for the RLS Foundation, this board is possible. So much more is possible, but it is up to us to make it happen. We need to support the RLS Foundation in whatever ways we can. If we don't stay involved and out-spoken, we may never find a cure for this nightmare. Look what has been accomplished so far. I went to the conference a few years ago in St Louis and I just can't believe how far we have come since then. Dorothy went to the Wizard of Oz and beat incredible odds with the help of her friends to accomplish what was needed and wanted. You may not agree with my comparison (remember who you're talking too!! LOL) but we can do this by working together and letting the world know we exist and that we aren't afraid of working. Let's whip this thing! Stir it up, Becat!!!

becat

ooo my

Post by becat »

ooooo my guest I'd like to know who you are? The Wizard perhaps? LOL

It wasn't me. It was the people that backed me up with the statements. The trust they gave to me. Without them, I'd be a fumbling mess.
Thank you guest, who ever you are, your words have made me blush.........
but your message makes me more willing to work harder this year. Maybe this year I'll realize my goal of group leader like you....
Watch out Orlando here we come.

jumpyowl

NOT ONLY THAT!

Post by jumpyowl »

But as I mentioned a few times, BeCat with less than a few minute notice were kind, brave and gifted enough to walk out to the lectern and give an improptu introduction to the survey presentation of OUR RESEARCH PROJECT. She talked about five minutes but what a five minute experience. Almost all the audience were patients who were unbelievably moved. Later people were standing along the walls until somebody brought in extra chairs.

Hers was a hard act to follow even with the colorful slides. I wish I had taped it I could add it to the presentation under her name.

I heard at least two speakers quote from her collection. No question she made a lasting impression. I should have let her just continue :oops:

She will always have a warm spot in my heart as the soul of this Discussion Board.
Jumpy Owl

jan3213

Jumpy, Becat and Guest

Post by jan3213 »

Hi, it's Jan

Becat, remember when I told you you have found your PURPOSE? Jumpy, thank you so much for telling all of us about Becat's presentation. Becat is a wonderful writer, who I have told many times, writes "word pictures". She is a very articulate writer, who has such a talent for making people "see" what is in her heart. Although we have never met in person, we are wonderful friends. I have spoken to her and know that, from conversations I have had with her, she speaks just like she writes. She is a very compassionate person who has a burning passion for helping all of us who suffer from RLS and those who will come after us. I am so glad she was our "voice" in Long Beach. My only regret is that I was unable to be there. I know this post will embarass her because, not only is she everything I've said, she is also extremly humble. I am so very proud to call her my friend and all of us are so very lucky to have had her as our represenstative in Long Beach. As I said before, she has found her purpose and I know that she is just beginning to fight for all of us!!

Jan

P.S. Jumpy, once again I've heard what a wonderful job you did as well. Thank you!!
No one is alone who had friends.

becat

Ya'll made me cry

Post by becat »

I've tried to respond to the three of you for a day now and each time I cry.
Your words warm me. Encourage me. They make me feel like I make a difference. What a gift you've given me.
Ruby, you know how I feel about you. A sweeter heart could not exist, than yours. One of my angels here, in my lifetime. It was you that extended first that helping hand. I do you no justice by not giving back what was given to me. Without you in Long Beach my faith in myself would have lacked what I needed to fill my promise. You gave me the backup I so dearly needed.
Jan, was it not you that sent me the first statement? Wasn't it you that reminded and poked everyone to send one of their own? Your constant encouragement was there even on the days I felt it was not all worth it. You nevered failed to help, in any way you could.
Jumpy, such words from you are treasures to my heart. Your overwhelming presences only made me wish I could have done a much better job for you. I wanted to cry, but glad I didn't. You taught us early that WE make a difference in our own treatment. YOU educated me and allowed me to share with you. An honor to be heard by such man as yourself. The thinker teaches us all to think for ourselves and then nudges us into action. Your faith in me helped me think I could even try to deliver on my promise.
This truely was not me, and me alone. I wasn't the only voice out there. Yes, I made sure to push my way into things a couple of times, but it had to be done. This chance to make OUR voices be heard could not go undone. I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a "fluff my pillow" thing..........I meant for all of us, older membership and the newbies to know that we can be heard. Together we were stronger, we were louder, and we are our own army. We did fight for ourselves and seem to have won a battle, however small.
It just may be a passion for me like Jan said. That's ok, it's close to my heart, legs, arms, etc. LOL but I look at it this way....I was born for something and it sure wasn't math.....so I'll take this and run with it as long and far as WE CAN.
Thank you for your love, but lets turn it all back to where it started.
Hope is the word and RLS needs a face put on it. It's up to us to do it. WE CAN DO IT.
((((((((my friends)))))))))

jumpyowl

Fantastic! Becat!

Post by jumpyowl »

I am again short of time (I actually moved out of my home so I can finish everything by December 15). But I will take a bit of time to explain why it is imperative to make another (at least one more) survey.

I (and so was Gloria) was tremendously frustrated while collating the 120 questionnaires because many of them were not filled out correctly and/or completely. At least some of it was due to the construction of the questionnaire.

Therefore I could not draw specific conclusions I badly wanted. Most of the time I could only express things in frequency but I could not pair variables or do any of the more sophisticated stuff.

So pleeeze if you have not done so complete the on-line survey.
As I mentioned in my thread (which I will bump) we have 44 without much promotion. There ought to be more who would want to do that!

I promised to send anyone interested the preliminary survey work up, but this is the one which will count!

Nadia once burned her fingers trying to help me spreading the word. However, I think I will advise the people in charge, although I am not sure how favorably they are looking at this other activity of ours.

Nobody even answered my poll question yet. But I have hope!

Look above it should be easy to find my plea! :roll:
Jumpy Owl

cornelia

not possible to do the survey

Post by cornelia »

Jumpy, I have the same problem as Jan and Ann to complete the survey.
Corrie