Merry Christmas

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.

Merry Christmas

Post by Guest »

I hope I don't offend anyone with my holiday greeting and that everyone takes it in the spirit it is given. I just want to let everyone know how much I appreciate the caring, love, cyber-hugs and support shown on this board. Even if we don't come from the same background, life-styles or ethnic background, we do come from the same feelings of the heart. When this board was first started, I really never thought much about how important it would become. I have made some awesome friends here and gained so much support in the down times. This is a bittersweet time of year. Expectations are so high, as are stress levels and there is so much turmoil in the world. But even though we have different viewpoints on religion, politics, etc. they just don't show up here. How grateful I am for all of you. I wish you the most joyous holiday season and however you may celebrate it, I wish you PEACE! Love, Ruby

Post by Guest »

Wouldn't you know it!! I try to write from the heart and can't even post it with my user name!!! The above is from Rubyslipper.

becat

And Peace Be With You

Post by becat »

And Peace Be With You Rubyslippers.......
Being #15 on this memebership list shows that you were one of the first to see the importance, even if you didn't know then.
It was you that welcomed Jumpy and Myself to this board. As I've said before you gave me my wings here. Bless you and the heart you carry.
I have to say that this April when I rejoined this group I gave it little thought. Maybe I'd get some answers, maybe I'd get a little more educated about RLS. I've gotten so much more than I ever dreamed.
I've been given the chance to meet and get to know people I never knew I missed. People that helped change my life and how I thought it could end up. I've been given hope. I've been given the chance to put my energy into moving forward with this, not be stuck.
Your right, Ruby, it hasn't mattered who we are. Where we are from. Just that we know each other as normal in a world that sees us as different. Our differences here make it possible to be well rounded, fuller. Each one needed, each one counts.
Bless everyone here. May the warmth of the holidays find you and wrap you in comfort.

jan3213

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Post by jan3213 »

Hi, it's Jan

Those of you who know me, know that I am one of the "sappiest" people on the face of the earth! But, what I am about to say, though it may sound "sappy" and foolishly sentimental, is very sincere and straight from my heart.

I cannot possibly tell you what this board has meant to me. I joined in May of this year. I have never belonged to anything like this before and really didn't know what to expect. It has been one of the best experiences of my life.

I joined because I have RLS and, even though I have had it for a long time, I needed to learn more about it. Well, I have learned a lot about RLS, which is what I expected. However, I did not expect to meet such wonderful, caring and loving people--people who are so willing to unselfishly help others they have never met.

I remember one day last summer when my son was in a terrible accident. By the grace of God, he was unhurt, but I was a mess. I was so upset, I posted what had happened and how I felt. Almost immediately, replies to my post began to appear. I have never felt such love in my life--and not a single person who replied even knew me. Rubyslipper, Becat and Sole were three of the first people to reply, and not only did they take the time to answer my post, Becat called me. They are now three of my dearest friends--and we have not even met in person!! Since then, I have made several other great friends--you know who you are. I am so very thankful that I have met such great friends. I say all of that to say this.

I feel very blessed to have been led to this board. I not only found a place where I can feel comfortable discussing RLS, whether it's in a negative or positive way, but I have found lifelong friends who really care for each other. I wish the same for all of you on this Board. As Ruby said, this is a bittersweet time of year. My wish for all of you is that you will have a wonderful holiday season, filled with love, warmth, friendship, and hope for the future.

Love, Jan
No one is alone who had friends.