IVORY SOAP?!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
razorbackmatt72

IVORY SOAP?!

Post by razorbackmatt72 »

I was just reading the RLS article on yahoo, one person commented at the end, that "my wife put a bar of ivory soap under my sheets and my RLS stopped" I seriously doubt he had RLS, please.........SOAP?? I was told by my mother about a friend of hers that said a bar of regular dial soap would, I thought "what the hell" I tried it and it didnt do a damn thing but make my leg sore because I kept laying on it. Where do people come up with some of this stuff??

Matt

KBear

Post by KBear »

It's alledgedly supposed to help with leg cramps. For RLS sufferers it gives us something for our feet to play with while we are tossing and turning. :P

Hint: put it down by your feet so you don't lay on it :wink:
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf

razorbackmatt72

Post by razorbackmatt72 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: It did make my sheets smell nice!

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Matt,
Yup, I'm one of those soap people, but wait.

My whole family, and my uncle, aunts, grandmother, while she was still living, use and used soap in the bed. They avoid doctors like no adults I have ever met before, they will try anything else until it's critical to go to a doctor.

This my be a genetic component to our own RLS, but most all of my family, get bad nocturnal leg cramps, along with the RLS. My grandmother use to shot straight up out of bed, and while it woke us up, no one could do a thing to help her. She would slam some calcium and have to wait an hour or so to go back to bed.
Not after she put the soap in her sheets. She just didn't have them much anymore, with the exception of a high sugar intake day.

I don't think it helps at all for my RLS, even though I have tightening in my muscles, they aren't cramps.
I still put three bars ( hotel size) in there and maybe I play with them at night, :D , who knows. Maybe it's mind HEALTHY, maybe not, but I will try many things.

I can say that YES it does work for cramps.......... :oops: :D , the old fashion girl kinds. I put a small thin hotel size next to my skin, under the belly button, and within minutes all cramping is gone. I swear by it and have for 4-5 years now.
Overworked or strained muscles, same thing, I use an ace bandage or tape it where it hurts. That works pretty good too.
*minor statement for safety reason, if you feel that you've really injured yourself, don't wait see a doc. muscles that are torn have a short life to be repair and heal properly.* :)

And Matt, nice smelling sheets, are always a nice thing. :wink:

Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I'm a support group leader (as are several ohters here) what I hear at every meeting is that someone uses soap and it works. I had a booth at a health fair and probably 10 out of 70 people claimed it worked. Don't ask me how or why. As long as it helps and isn't hurting you, I say use it. Doesn't do a thing for me but I sure don't make fun of anyone who swears by it! LOL In fact, I have this crazy idea that there is a cure right now for every ailment/disorder/disease known to man. These cures are out there waiting for us to find them and they won't be created in a lab. Luckily for us many cures HAVE been created in the lab. Please don't think I am knocking these or research that is ongoing. I'll say this once and never again on this board because I don't want to open a can of "worms". I have a very strong belief in God and believe that he has put these natural cures on earth and has given us the brains to find and use them. He's also given us the brains to create cures and for that I am truly thankful. 'Nuff said. Others on here will tell you I also believe in wicked witches, flying monkeys and the friendship between a girl from Kansas, a scarecrow, tin man and lion. :wink: :wink: :wink:
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

KBear

Post by KBear »

Rubyslipper wrote:I have this crazy idea that there is a cure right now for every ailment/disorder/disease known to man. These cures are out there waiting for us to find them and they won't be created in a lab.

I completely agree with you Ruby it's what keeps me coming back to this site every day. In fact I'm going to try that soap "next to my skin, under the belly button" thing in the next couple days and see if it helps :wink:
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf

becat

Post by becat »

Kathy and Kathy, I loved the post.

Kathy, my angel, no flying monkies.

Let us Know Kathy Bear........!

Love Lynne