Right verses Left

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

Right verses Left

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

Wonder why it is, in my case that my right
leg is worse than my left. Any thoughts?
I know I do have arthiritis in my right knee
so wonder if that is any connection.

I cant take anymore of it.

gill :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

becat

Post by becat »

Gill I have no good answer for you.
I know that if anything goes wrong on my body, it's right sided as well.
I'm right handed and that is the only good the right side has done me. LOL
Maybe someone else will have a guess about it.
lynne

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

I have no idea but know that my right leg symptoms are more common and frequent perhaps on a 80/20 basis or even more. Don't know why but I wonder if it has anything to do with brain dominance or handedness. Maybe a good research question.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

No clue, either, just know that LOTS of us are the same way. Funny, though, over time my side has changed. Throughout my teens and twenties, it was my right. And, my sister - who is now in her mid thirties - is and always has been right-dominant. Sometime in my thirties it switched to my left, though. Left it still is several years later. Oh, my right joins in when it's really bad, but mostly it's quiet these days. I'm right handed. . .
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

waterloo2

Right verses Left

Post by waterloo2 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Here I am again very bad tempered with
myself and my ailments, my legs have
been driving me mad now im getting the
usual creepy crawlies etc and the pain.
Have taken 2 pain killers seem to have
settled down some, any other ideas folks?
Im getting desperate here.

gill :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil:

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Gill, Think in one of your last posts you mentioned you were not on any meds. Has that changed? Did you download the algorithm and take it to your doctor?
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

waterloo2

Right verses Left

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Mark

Can you give me the link for this
my doc she is on holiday at the
moment, will wait another week
when she comes back.

gill

KBear

Post by KBear »

There is a link to the algorithm in my signature line below.
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Thanks Kathy...good luck Gill.

turtlezen

Post by turtlezen »

back to the left verses right topic; for me it usually starts in my left left leg (and arm) . I am left handed, so maybe there is validity in the brain connection! We SHOULD do some research on it...anyone up for it, I know I'm not....headed back to the hot bath for some pain relief.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

I try to do some research on the web but most things are so general and if you get a hit that's more specific it's usually on some fee based med site. I'm also thinking that there proablably isn't much in the way of research on the topic. Still, maybe something will accidently turn up. Maybe we could do a poll topic on the subject. Don't know how to do that though.

T, Hope the hot bath provided the needed relief.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hmmm, I'm right handed, and most of the time the creepy-crawlies start in my left arm, then spread to the legs. And my right leg is usually worse than my left. So I'd probably screw up any research that you might try. 8)
Susan

waterloo2

meds for rls

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

I was just wondering what kind of meds are we all
on for the rls?

Im hoping to see doc again next week shes been
away on holiday(vacation).

gill (UK)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Gill, have you had a chance to look at the algorithm? Those of us here are on all of those drugs - some of us this one, some that one. Some of us take two or three together.

There is no "right" one for everyone. Only working with your doctor can you find the right one - or combo - for you.

Good luck. Now that the doc is back you can take in the algorithm and start working on finding what works for you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

RLS83

Post by RLS83 »

I only get the creepy, crawly sensations in my left leg, although sometimes I do get pain in both calves. I've always wondered why it's dominate on my left side. At its worst it has crawled up the entire left side of my body - leg, trunk (stomach, etc.), arm...

I wonder if we'll ever figure this one out...