no no no :(

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Neco

no no no :(

Post by Neco »

Now I'm out of pills, could the past week possibly get worse :shock:

omg.. I want to cut my limbs off... this isn't fair !

/rant

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

. . .what happened?

Truly too bad that we couldn't form a pharmaceutical distribution center from the meds that didn't work for us and send them to people who need them. . .but, that would so not work on so many levels. But, it's a nice thought.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Zach, that bites. :( Can you go to an urgent care kind of place and at least get some tramadol to get you through? Long holiday weekends really suck when you need to get in to see your own doctor.
Susan

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Dear Zach,
There are two things you can do. You can call the doctor's office who prescribed the medicine, a recording comes on and usually an on-call doctor is available even on weekends, and over the phone you can request he call-in a refill to your pharmacy. The worst that can happen is he'll say no. The other thing you can do is go to the natural food store in your area, and there is stuff in the pill section called "Migra" something or other, and it takes away pain, but gives you a hangover.

If you experience withdrawals, remind yourself it's just the medicine if things get a little strange, and do the minimal home treatments like stretching your legs out and putting on knee-high support hose. A couple glasses of wine will help but make you depressed. I'm an alcoholic, and resorted to that once, but was able to continue being sober without any problems after that. It, too, depressed me, tho. You can also call the Crisis Intervention people, and they can talk you through any sort of terrors you might be going through.

In the future, build up a little "stash" of pills.
Just some ideas. GG

Neco

Post by Neco »

Yeah sometimes building a stash works.. Sometimes it doesn't =\
I don't think there is any kind of on call thing like that for my doc, he's a small town doc after all, plus I know they'd probably say no, haha.

I just went through too fast I guess.. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't labor day, cause then he'd be open and I'd have had my appt. schedules today.

I don't really have alot of pain, my RLS is just this dreadfully uncomfortable crap.. I've tried tons of things, ain't much else I can do really at this point.

withdraw is a cakewalk compared to the actual disease.. How backwards is that :roll:

Ann.. tell me about it, heh.. I actually hit a point where I asked someone I know around town if they knew anyone, ah well.. Probably for the best that they didn't

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

How's it going today? One more day until the doctor????
Or longer :shock: ?

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

About 17h:30m to go, yeah.. It's gonna be a long day

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Not like you're keeping track. . .

Managing Your RLS

Neco

Post by Neco »

lol, I take the no pain thing back.. all night it was either couldn't keep my legs still from pain, or it would shift to just discomfort in my arms.. Blah..

3hrs to go =\

Neco

Post by Neco »

haha, he's done it again.. Yanked the Oxycodone.. Had to talk him into letting me keep the Tramadol at that, and instead of my 120/2 weeks its 120/month now.. ugh.

Pulling the Oxy isn't something I am too bitter about, but I hadn't done anything wrong to the letter of my prescription, but he decided to change his mind I guess, because he didn't like the amount I was taking (even though it was within the label instructions).

I'm just pissed about how I'm suppose to make 4 tramadol a day last. I am thinking it will just barely keep me comfortable, but what can you do right? He said it best.. Get a real job with real benefits, so I can go see some other people..

I took his last Lyrica samples from him, so he says if that works somewhat and 4 tramadol ain't cutting it, we can try some generic Neurontin.. I dunno.. Part of it's my fault for being the **** I am with the way I manage my meds but in this case I feel like I was set up on purpose, as I kept within the prescribed limits... so whatever..

I dunno, I think part of this really is an anxiety problem, which he HAS tried to get across my thick skull; but I'm afraid to ask for something like Xanax at this point, given my history... I do know a guy in KS who I talked to about getting me some to try, so I guess I'll see how that goes.. I -could- go back to the county if it actually proves useful to me, and see if I can weasle that out of them...

Anyway.. The life of an addict is not fun, especially when you're trying to manage a legit condition that conflicts with your drug preferences :(

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Zach, Sorry things are not going well for you right now. Sucks not being able to get the help and meds you need. Your posts are so honest and forthright that it seems a shame that your doc won't stay with you since you are/were following the regimen. I hope the tramadol will keep the wolves away until you are able to find some other help. How is the Lyrica working?
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I haven't tried it again as of yet.. I'm not even sure it will do anything either.. I had some left from a previous 1 timer free fill program, and didn't get much out of it.. But I do have enough now to try a higher base dose when I do give it a try... I don't expect to get more than a day or two out of it unless I find a higher dose will work better. That was my experience last time..

Sometimes I feel like I should just shut up and lie, honesty is supposed to be it's own reward but this sh** it becoming ridiculous.. I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Oh how horrible! I can't imagine being without my meds. :(

I have heard of people who didn't get results with Lyrica until they were at very high dosages, up there around 650mg a day, or something like that. And then all of a sudden it worked for the RLS. But the side effects can be really bad if you don't ramp up the dosage very slowly.
Susan

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Zach,

Are you doing any better?

Rachel

Neco

Post by Neco »

NO, I'm doing horrible!

I can't take Tramadol anymore... I refuse to !

FIrst off, 4 doesn't cut it.. so I take 5 or 6; but tonight has been REALLY BAD for me!

I started twitching around 8:30 or 9.. I can't remember... The brief seizure type twitching I have talked about before.. I dropped the phone while reporting my hours for today (should have done that earlier), and I had rushed to do it as I knew what was gonna happen..

I fell over in the kitchen.. I've stumbled in the hallway.. then it got really bad.. I was falling over in my room repeatedly.. made a mess of sh** I crashed into also.. knocked my DVD player off the storage bin it was sitting on.. fell right on my trashcan and knocked that over.

At some point I also injured myself.. LAST night I dropped to my knees as I was heading to put my clothes in the dryer.. Got a nice long cut out of an old kettle or something that was sitting there, holding the door to the basement open... Thank god it didn't happen on the stairs.. I'd probably be in the hospital...But anyway

I **** up my knee pretty bad.. I have two different injuries.. one was a gash of some sort.. I'm not sure where I got it from.. possibly the metal frame piece on my bed.. That was leaking blood for sure... Then I have another injury probably from my bare floor (no carpet.. old house.. Victorian 100+ yrs old), that is kinda like when you skin your knee..

It's terrible... I just lay there in bed twitching.. flopping briefly.. I'm actually starting to feel it again right now.. But anyhow that's all I do tonight.. I was playing an online game too, so that makes me mad I had to stop... I've basically had people bring me food and drinks, because of this... Even tho I can open the window totally and stuff they won't let me smoke in my room... I have to get down to the kitchen somehow.....

My parents and brother were bitching at me too, saying I probably took too much medicine, stop falling around and making noise blah blah blah..
I told them just leave me alone, I'm fine (my dad and bro saw me twitching tho).

I am going to the Doctors office on Monday and demanding to speak with him urgently... My only hope at this point is to get a prescription for Gabapentin (Neurontin) even though it's weaker than Lyrica I hope it will work like the Lyrica has..

I have taken them both together sometimes, and even tho its considered an anti-convulsive, it obviously has no effect on me..

I'm so upset.. I don't know what to do with my life, my meds, my treatment. I talked to one of my bosses who worked with me today about my RLS.. I asked about Methadone, etc.. He's gonna give me some 800 number to call the HR end of Kraft I guess..

I dunno what to do.... I....oh, GOD, you are one stupid **** SOB. My life is a joke!!! I failed as a child, I failed as an adolescent, I'm barely hanging on as an adult.. This isn't fair!!!I hate you :(