I slept thru the night!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Heronak

I slept thru the night!

Post by Heronak »

It's been almost five weeks since I last slept thru the night, and I've been running on fumes, extremely impatient, short-tempered, easily frustrated and crying at the drop of a hat. Can you say sleep deprivation?

I woke this morning from my first full night of sleep in weeks, and I can't tell you how good it feels. I'm still tired, but there's some cautious optimism that I still have the ability to sleep on occasion!

I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to discuss my RLS, have an iron test done, and talk about med options. I have printed off a copy of the 2003 RLS Medical Bulletin (http://www.rls.org/publications/scientific.html) and have many highlighted sections to talk with her about. If you haven't read this, it's very informative, and the 2004 update is available by emailing the RLS Foundation, although it's not yet out in .pdf.

I'm rambling now, just wanted to share some good news. Sweet dreams,

Heron

Post by Guest »

To what do you attricute sleeping through the night?

Heronak

Post by Heronak »

"To what do you attribute sleeping through the night?"

If I knew the answer to that one, I'd be planning my early retirement! No idea, just one of those gifts, I guess.

I used to think my body could only function without decent sleep for a max of about 5 nights, and the exhaustion would outweigh the RLS, but this last spell of 5 weeks proved that wrong.

Heron