urgent - does this happen to anyone else ..

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jojojojo

urgent - does this happen to anyone else ..

Post by jojojojo »

Hiya

just popped in before i head off to work, so am hoping to come back tonight and have some replies to this.

Anyway, does anyone else have not just their legs 'shaking', but feels like the whole body?? that happened to me last night - it felt like lots of times that my whole body was shaking, and also sometimes my hand twitches too on its own.

any thoughts on this would be gratefully received as am a bit concerned about this now!

thanks

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I don't get what I would call shaking anywhere, but I do get muscle jerking all over my body.
Susan

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

hey jojojo, Yeah I have gotten what I think your talking about a cpuple of times(once was enough) it feels like what goes on in my legs spead to my whole body, it was so bad I had to get in my hot tub for about an hour just so it would stop. Dont know what brought it on or why,hasent happened in a long time. Sorry I can't be of more help to you~~~~~Lyndarae

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Jojojojo, I read in another post that you haven't seen the doc yet. have you read the criteria for RLS? That may help you determine if you're going down the right path.

1. An uncomfotable/odd/crawly/painful/hard to describe sensation

2. An urge to move - you just HAVE to get up, walk, shake, do some exercise, whatever to make it go away

3. Happens mostly when at rest or doing restful activities, like watching TV, on a plane, in a car, going to sleep, etc.

4. Worse at night (at least when it initially started how may years ago), though may have worsened to the point it's all day, all night
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jojojojo

Post by jojojojo »

hello

no not seen a doc as yet, but it all seems to fit = what the symptoms are.

at night, i seem to have twitching in my legs, and have to move them, and sometimes it feels like my whole body is twitching, or shaking, and i cant stop it.

It only happens at night, and keeps me awake. sometimes when i get up in the morning, it feels like ive been walking or running or exercising all night - now i know why!

My granddad had it too, i think.

blryan

Post by blryan »

Yep, I have had that too. It only happens if I'm just waking up or just drifting off to sleep. It's like my whole body goes into a spasm and shakes for a couple seconds. Very frightening. I can feel it travel up my spine. I thought I was having a convulsion at first.

My neuro didn't seem to think anything of it. I guess it's just my brain trying to wake up or shut down.

Thank goodness it doesn't happen very often

Barb

jojojojo

Post by jojojojo »

my doc reckons mine could be a side effect of some anti depressants im on at the moment. :roll:

KBear

Post by KBear »

He's probably right especially if the problem started after you started taking the anti depressant. Most anti depressants will make RLS worse.
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf

jojojojo

Post by jojojojo »

doh! i didnt realise that could be the problem. It started with my hand shaking really, and moving, another doc suggested poss lupus!!!

Im thinking maybe more a side effect now - can i still stay on this board or will i have to go now???
Please sponsor my sister who is doing a zip wire for a hospice.

www.justgiving.com/sharon-cox-zippy

thanks

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi Jojojojo

I shake. All over, getting to be all the time now. My neuro is watching for Parkinsons. My Mom has that as well.

She's very concerned. All my meds have been either changed or dropped depending on my reactions. A lot of the RLS meds make me ill

I have Fibro as well and the pain is intense from that and the RLS and now the shaking just makes it all hurt. Yes the legs feel like I'm standing on a fault line...the heat seems to bring it on...

everyone is different...this is just what me and my Neuro are up to lately

Penguin
Beware the Penguin