Arm involvement

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
mztillie

Arm involvement

Post by mztillie »

Does anyone else have the involvement of their arms in addition to their legs with RLS?

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

mz, I don't but I'm sure you will hear from others who do as it is not particularly uncommon. We have had posts indicating involvement with a variety of body part. Kinda crazy disease which seems to go just about anywhere. Forturnately, for most, the legs seem to be the primary area of involvement.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

mz, just thought that I'd mention the chat room. The group usually meets at 8 pm Central Time on Mondays. Just go to the rls.org main site/menu and on the left menu you will see "Chat." Click and follow the prompts. Usually works....well sometimes!. Anyway, we are always happy to have new faces. Anything is fair game to questions or just fun. Join us if you can.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

MZ, I have RLS in my arms. Actually it's mostly my left arm. It starts there and usually drives me crazy enough to take something before it spreads to my legs. Somehow walking doesn't help with my arms, and I usually end up rubbing it or pounding on it with my other fist.

I think it's pretty common to have it other places than in the legs, although sometimes the doctors will disagree.
Susan

jiggyanne

Post by jiggyanne »

Yeah, I get it occasionally in my arms, too. Not too often, though. I thought it was just me.

Anne
[img:f40c48321a]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee147/singsnpaints/73061ecf.gif[/img:f40c48321a]

estelle

Post by estelle »

I do get it in my arms, about once every few weeks. I did buy some weights though a while ago, and after 20 minutes of doing weights, it goes away.. thank god.. if only it would be that easy with the legs!

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I get it in my shoulder and upper arm frequently.

I woke up once with it raging in my hands, but just once, thank goodness. It was very weird, even for RLS.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

jiggyanne

Post by jiggyanne »

I've been doing very well lately, with this new combination of Requip and Klonopin. I HAVE to remember to take my pills before 9:00 at night. I forgot the other night because I was having no symptoms and it was 11:00 before I remembered. Well... I was up most of the night. I finally got to sleep around 3:00, I think. Lesson learned.

Anne, jiggy that night!
[img:f40c48321a]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee147/singsnpaints/73061ecf.gif[/img:f40c48321a]

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I have a pill timer that reminds me to take my meds at certain times. This reminds me that I need to replace the battery so that it alarms at the right times. 8) A lot of watches have alarms as well, or you can set an alarm clock to go off when you need to take your meds.

I honestly have no concept of time passing, so I need help!
Susan

jiggyanne

Post by jiggyanne »

Susan, you must be very right brained. I have that problem too, being an artist. Teaching in a public school MADE me pay attention to time. I'm still bad at it, though.

How did you get your picture under your name like that? That's cool!

Anne

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

hi m

i too have rls in my arms, shoulders, back and wrists, i tend to call it rbs restless body syndrome

and it drives me up the wall when it is everywhere cos i cant stop it then

moonlight
sleep is not only a dream

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

jiggyanne wrote:Susan, you must be very right brained. I have that problem too, being an artist. Teaching in a public school MADE me pay attention to time. I'm still bad at it, though.

Right brained? Is that what that is!

How did you get your picture under your name like that? That's cool!

Anne

The picture under the name is called an Avatar. Please go to the "Non Rls" part of the message board. I have posted an announcement about Avatars. We are trying to solicit input as to whether or not to enable this feature on the message boards.

Please, everyone, weigh in there as to whether or not you would like to be able to use this feature.
Susan