It's Early, Quality of Life Plea for 2005

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

HOWLING AT THE MOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rowing madly!

It is the courage of people like you Becat that help me so much. It is this inspiration that I need to help me crawl up that ladder out of the pit once again!

*********Positive Conference Thoughts & Energy*************** All of you have made such a difference in my life. Thank you for all that you do as advocates for RLS. You all have my sincerest respect and admiration.

Love Hazel

becat

(((Hazel)))

Post by becat »

(((((Hazel))))) I'm sending you hugs as tight as I can. LOL I wondered where the wind was coming from. Row a little slower, could ya ......LOL
Mine was not so much courage, as it was torked off. But I'm glad to have traded in my ugly attitude, for a broom and the will to fly it. LOL
I'm blessed to have found a good treatment, a wonderful bunch here to lift me, and the meaness to yell from a crowd.
Your welcome, and the way I see it......I couldn't do any of what I hope to do without you and the others here. I will always thank you more than you could thank me. I'll always be a better person knowing I've got angels on earth like you.
Howling at the moon, what a great way Ruby turned that time of our days into a positive thing. Doesn't sound so bad that way.
Hugs to all.

becat

OMGosh

Post by becat »

OMGosh it's done....it's all done.
Finally, I burned them ...32 of them.....onto CD's tonight and it's done.
Let's just all say a little prayer or positive word that technology is kind to my old brain and I did it all right. :shock: :? :lol:

I can't thank you all enough for taking the time to help with this project. I know it was no easy task to look that deeply at your RLS or what it can do to your body and lives, but I know that collectively we make difference when we show the real face of RLS.
When you see change next year, you'll know you were apart of it. You helped to make it happen. Look at how far we've come this year. Amazing.
You all touch me with your stories, your lives, your hearts. It's my blessing to be apart of this group of people. We are clearing the bigger rocks that block the path. Know this that we're making it easier for those that come after us.
Bless you all, more over I am blessed to have you lend me your voices.
Together we are louder, row faster and stronger, and we are the definition of Quality of Life.
My love, my biggest hugs, and my honest howlers to you all.

You guys

Post by Guest »

Ann, it's Jan

You guys are all the same... :) :D :8

becat

I'm Gone for now

Post by becat »

Ok, to one and all,
Miss Penguin, Miss Sara, Miss Hazel, Trev, Brady, Not you ButterFoot (I'll see you soon), Our Miss Lyn, Miss Nadia, Miss Sugar, Miss Jamie, Walking after Midnight, Nate........ok, it's really early and my fingers don't understand my brain yet.
To all of you here, I'm leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again.......Orlando bound and determined to continue the path of change and recognistion for us. I can feel it stirring inside me, it might be the RLS, but I think it's change coming our way. Good, no GREAT CHANGE.
This is the year we start to bloom, people will know more about us by this time next year. Maybe a few more will understand. Maybe many more will be better willing to listen and help.
It's been a heck of a year and a heck of a couple of weeks leading up to this trip. The blessing of healthy twins brought into the world yesterday and into our family. I'm an Aunt again, and can't wait to get my hands on them. The blessings of my husband and children, healthy and supportive of me and my "projects" (lol). The blessing of my cyber family here, their support and courage are unstoppable and most filling.
I've already told a couple of you privately, I hold you and take you in my heart with me. I hope to make you proud. You hold my love, I'm taking the courage with me, as I might need it. LOL
See ya'll this weekend and my biggest hugs to you all.
Love ya's too.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I know that you will do us that cannot go proud!

Please remember the Veterans on Friday....

I love you!

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

No zzzzz's

Post by No zzzzz's »

Pardon my ignorance, but what is happening this weekend in Florida? Still new to this whole site but lovin' it!

trevb

Post by trevb »

theyre all going surfing.

nice to have you around no zzzzzzz's! :)

Butterfoot

Florida

Post by Butterfoot »

No zzzzz's,

The RLS Foundation is having their annual national meeting in Orlando this weekend. Sounds like there will be alot of great informative sessions on Friday evening and Saturday. Those of us with RLS that are able to attend it are so fortunate. I'm very lucky to live close enough to go without the expense of flights and hotel rooms. I'm anxious to hear what they have to say about the latest in research and treatments being tested, and to meet the others who will be there! I'm sure between all of us there, we'll have plenty of information to pass on when the conference is over.

Keep coming back!

Margot
May only good come your way.

Butterfoot

Conference

Post by Butterfoot »

Oh, and becat and all those going....look for the short, fat long haired blonde with the cane and foot brace. I can't make it Friday evening but I'll be there with open arms Saturday morning right before the beginning welcome meeting at 9am!

M
May only good come your way.

trevb

Post by trevb »

no zzz's dont listen to her.. they really are going surfing :wink:

No zzzzz's

Post by No zzzzz's »

Trev,

Have you been smoking palm fronds again?

trevb

Post by trevb »

:oops:

becat

LOL

Post by becat »

Well, I have to first say that Butterfoot I missed you and I'm so sorry. I tried my best to extend my stay til Sunday and even Sat. tried to make the moring meetings, but as you see, it's full of people with tiny name badges and very little time to talk. I missed your post telling my who to look for, I went down on Wed.....My hugs are with you and I hope forgiveness is in order for me. I had a more than a slight medical issue arise while I was in Orlando, which put me in a spent position most of the trip, and then had to leave early on Sat., I had an appt. with some local press, to start spreading the good word about RLS. Hated to leave but had made a promise to start showing my face of RLS, helping with awareness.

Second......Trev and No zzzz, do we need to step outside the classroom for private discussions? LOL You two made me crack up. Goofy and just the giggle I needed. Thank you both. Trev, never really left the hotel so I have no surfing stories for you, but can make one up for you later. LOL

Reporting from home Nov. 13, 2005 Quality of Life Statements!
I must say this second annual QoL Statements package feels like a grand success thus far. I'm interested to see what the next few months brings because of it, I'll keep everyone updated.
I did accomplish three major things this time, at least I hope I can use the word accomplished.
1. All keynote speakers and certain Foundation staff were on the list to get a packet. Adding one gentlemen that simply didn't seem to get it, even though he was there to teach to us. Whammo, here read this and learn a bit about us. Whammo! :D
2. I was able to teach some of the Support Group leaders about the QoL statements and why we write them, during a small amount of time I was given to present the idea. Your stories will certainly be of great use with them and hopefully will inspire them to share it with their members as well. I felt like I got a good response from it, so lets hope.
3. I knew that one drug company was going to be there and I did extend our stories to them as well. It's important to target these makers, reseachers, and sceincist (sp?) because when they work on our behalf they need to know how we live. They need to know us, to challenge themselves on our behalf......certainly it helps to have the reps for these compaines to know us, they help educate and bring awareness to the docs they work with.
The bonus, one other drug company was there asking people for taped interviews about how they live. For their own research or internal staff to know RLSers better. Not commerical in any way. They were seeking something very much like what? ......anyone?........Yes, Quality of Life statements. Whammo #2.......ehhhh I have a few (36) without the video taped service right here for you. I thought that poor girls eyes would bug right out of her head. So, with that you just touched another large popluation within and important to the RLS community.

It's just my honest pleasure to say that all of you gave all of us the chance to touch people that would have never known how to reach us, ask us, or be able to hear us like this packet did. I'm so honored that you allowed me to have these and bless us, it is making differences all the time.
Awesome job. Fantastic people, with hearts and hopes of gold. Thank you all. Thank you all for your bravery and your honesty.
Love and hugs.

becat

Post by becat »

You have just to wonder somedays if your making a difference?
Did we this last year with our QoL statements?
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... d=rssfeeds
Read or scan through til you find the clue of who we might be reaching!
The way it's talked about is different and that little thing called Quality of Life or QoL is coming up more and more.
Ann, your right, our group is awesome and together it seems our voices are heard.
Nice way to wake up.
Hugs and the moon to you all.
Lynne