Seasonal wishes.

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
nephriticus

Seasonal wishes.

Post by nephriticus »

I've been hanging around-----just not making a lot of noise. Being a caregiver to two family members with multiple deficits and working full time limits my ability to exchange discourse, though I continue to read with interest most of the posts.

I wish to take at this time the opportunity to wish everyone a politically correct seasonal "Whatever". Must not offend anyone. Oh, wait! I bet I'm offending those who abhor political correctness. Drats! Just can't win.

Special delivery wishes to those I met at Long Beach:
Becat—I'm pleased that your Q of L is improved, even if it entails a trade-off. And I really would buy one of your eloquent trees if I could steer my wife away from those that drop needles still being vacuumed in July.
Rubyslipper—I apologize for ribbing you about getting a digital camera. At least you brought a camera. I still think your name must be Dorothy.
ViewsAskew—I wish I knew how to direct you to a path less rugged than the one you are traversing. My RLS symptoms are a molehill relative to your mountain.
Mike—You are a very delightful fellow to engage in conversation. But, you really need to Log In with a handle.
Jumpyowl—I wish for you an expedient relief from your most recent nemesis.
KathyP (of Tayksus)—Don't know your handle. I wish you success as Support Group Leader and relief for your child (daughter, I believe.)

How does that commercial go?
Merry Christmahanuhkwanzaaramada.
Neph
Currently RLS free. Symptoms stopped almost abruptly after my long term, full time care giving duties ended with passing of wife. No stress, no RLS.

becat

Neph to the rescue

Post by becat »

Neph,
You still crack me up.
For those of you that did not get to go to Long Beach this year..........
I have to tell you that this man, "our Neph", has the smile to go with the wit. A sincere listener. Quiet, but not shy.
Your a nice man with a huge heart. I enjoy your attitude and humor. Never failing to lighten our board with a little humor. I have my favorites of course......I admire your way with words.
I thank you for your support and kind words about my trees. You know, they don't smell as good as the real ones. LOL Your wife and my husband....real trees are nice, but Hoover has already sucked up 1/8 of our tree. I agree, the last thing I need is to clean up after the tree. You figure out how to get them to change call me.

You've made a difference here...even if you don't make alot of noise. I thank you for the support. Your right I got some good Quality of Life in order this year. Never fear, I'm not giving up on a better way to do this.
I think this has been a educational year for many of us. I'm like others here that know I'm different for knowing this group of people. I thought CB's were great as a kid, can you imagen my joy about the internet. LOL I found a sense of ......being normal here. I needed you guys before I met you. Wish it hadn't taken so long to find you.
I think I used your new PC holiday phrase while waiting in line today while shopping......I'm thinking now, I have no idea how cheery it was. LOL I'll work on that.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

ViewsAskew

I second that

Post by ViewsAskew »

Dear Neph, I second your post. Merry, merry, happy, happy, peace, hope and joy to all. To those I've met and those I haven't, may love and faith be with you now and through the new year.

I see my RLS as inconsequential compared to the wonderful, caring, and dedicated soul that you are to your family. May you have some quiet peace during this season.

Ann

Post by Guest »

Hi Neph, this is Mike from Pennsylvania and my first post/reply. I sure enjoyed meeting you and all the rest of the people in Long Beach last month. What a great group of people. I couldn't have met such a fine group of people if I had planned for a hundred years. Hopefully we'll all meet in Orlando in November and spend more time visiting in person.

In early March I'll be back in LA visiting my brother, and I know right now that I'll miss all of you not being there with me.

My RLS has laid low for the past two weeks and i hope yours does the same for a long long time.

Very warm thoughts to all of you.... Neph, Becat, Jumpy, Ruby, & Veiwsaskew.

Mike

becat

Oh My GOSH

Post by becat »

:shock:
It must be a Merry Christmahanuhkwanzaaramada Miracle.......Mike from PA POST.....lol
Neph, see what you did? You got Mike to post.
It's a wonderful day.

Christmahanuhkwanzaaramada brings gifts in many forms......LOL

Hugs to you all.
And as usual, sorry I had to say it.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I HAVE GOOSE BUMPS!!! To think that the people I consider new friends also think of me is incredible. And MIKE POSTED!!! We may make a believer of him yet. Seriously, I do hope for peace and a good life for all of you in the new year. Neph, whether we are politically, religiously or any other way correct, thanks for being such a day brightener. You make us all laugh and we need that. My new friends, I hope that we do not lose touch. I really hope and pray (yes, I said pray!) that we can meet again in Orlando. You don't know how often I think of all of you and what you mean to me. You each have such gifts and I feel priviledged to know you. I've said this before, I don't have to be Dorothy in Oz to realize the value of good friends. I just can't figure out which one of you is the GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ!! Hey, the pictures I took of us turned out great. The rest of the pictures of California were destroyed by the developer. Hmmm...time for a digital camera? Love from Oz, Ruby