A Question

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

A Question

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

These days I dont look forward to going
to bed at all, I get so wound up cause I
know that the legs will start and then
followed by the Arthiritis in the wee small
hours. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: so my
question is:-

How many of you are like this?

gill

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes Gill, I used to be like that, I walked most of the night around the house cos I couldn't lie at peace. I was going to work each day on maybe 2 hours sleep. Thankfully I have been lucky and over the past few months my meds have helped me, not 100% but I count myself very lucky, most of the time. Not symptom free but 'dealing with it' as needed. I think you need cooperation with your doc and the Mayo Algorithm. You have such a lot going on, that at least if your rls symptoms were relieved somewhat it would ease a little of the burden.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Aww, Gill, bless your heart! You are having such a bad, bad time.

I can say, without a doubt, Gil, that many of us have had nights like you. I have looked at my own bed more as a battleground than a place for sleep and rest. I hated nighttime because I knew that any hope for rest was futile. Although my RLS is helped by medication, I still have an occasional night when I just want to scream.

I wish there was something I could do. If that were the case, no one here would suffer. But, it's our fact of life, Gill. I am so glad you have found this discussion board. Just hang on, talk to us when you are having a bad night/day, and know that you are never alone.

Take care.
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Jan and Gill, Well I was obviously much too complacent in my earlier post. This has turned out to be one of those nights! Meds not quite working. And I don't want to take anything extra cos they gotta last till my next refill. So Im on a bit of a walkabout, more for my arms tonight :x
So Gill, if you are up and about, I could wave across the Irish Sea to you, I believe you are around about the Liverpool area, so really there aren't too many miles between us.

So the answer to your question is.... Well I'm like you tonight!! Tho not as bad. Lets hope you are having a peaceful night.

Betty

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi

I dont live in Waterloo anymore though,
im in the North West Lancashire.

gill