Sleeping with your partner

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
pamhb

Post by pamhb »

I've been looking at beds online, and both Sears Canada and Simmons sell a line with individual pocket coils and about a 2" layer of memory foam. Perhaps the best of both worlds??

Neco

Post by Neco »

Probably one of those things we just won't know until we find out about them from first hand experience

becat

Post by becat »

Hi again Pam,
yes, I think I remember you and still am glad to have you back here.

I had little luck all those many years ago with the email and the old board. But was grateful to find this one after they opened it in 2004.
Your right, this is much easier by far. It's a great group, as well.

On topic, when we bought a new mattress we got a firm beauty rest and yes, added a pillow top. Hubby and I live in hot, humid Dallas and the memory foam was too hot for us. So the pillow top helped in the movement problem, but not near as smothering as the memory foam.

However, no doubt that mattresses should be changed out more often than I ever thought before. It was like magic, the new bed. Awwww. LOL

Lynne

pamhb

Post by pamhb »

Yes, those were the days -- not many options in meds, not much interest from doctors, and a whole lot of people awake at night! I've noticed that this is a pretty sophisticated lot on this discussion forum, in terms of meds and managing their condition.

I've had others say to me that the memory foam is very warm (not so much of a problem up here in Canada :lol: )

I'm actually getting pretty excited about the prospect of a new bed and possibly a more comfortable sleep. Glad to hear that there's been a change in the "technology"!