Set patterns for trembling legs

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Kaye

Set patterns for trembling legs

Post by Kaye »

I would like to know if anyone else finds that their leg trembling begins pretty much at the same time everyday. I'm not counting riding in the car , going to movies or on an airplane. I just mean sitting at home. I find that around 8 each evening I have to begin to move my legs up and down. I find myself standing to watch tv!! Sometimes I think my mind is doing this and that I just know that around 8 I have to shake my legs. Before bed, I take Mirapex which is not working so well anymore. Does anyone else have this pattern?

becat

Hiya Kaye

Post by becat »

Hi Kaye and welcome.
You know if I keep my symptoms under control, I do see more of a pattern. When I don't have control, pretty much it is 24/7.
I would have to say that mine happen earlier in the evening. Our symptoms are different, mine is pulling and painful, not to mention the creepy crawly under my skin.
If I forget to take the medication soon enough or before the symptoms start, I'm looking forward to a rough night or more meds..
If you are aware of the time it happens then you need to time the medication. Mirapex takes, I think an hour or more to work.

jan3213

Welcome Kaye

Post by jan3213 »

Hi, It's Jan

Welcome! I'm glad you have found us, but sorry you are suffering with RLS!

I've had RLS for a long time and have been taking Mirapex for over five years. Mirapex had really helped my symptoms. As Becat, said, if you know when the onset of RLS is every night, take Mirapex at that time EVERY NIGHT. It's important to try to be consistent with the time you take your meds. You are really lucky that you have a fairly regular time when RLS rears it's ugly head!! My symptoms have always been sporadic, so I just take Mirapex at the same time every night regardless of when I feel symptoms--which could be afternoon or evening.

Again, welcome! Glad to have you with us!!! I hope you can get this problem straightened out.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.