Zydol

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Happy at last

Zydol

Post by Happy at last »

I have suffered from RLS for over 30 years both in arms and legs.
Quite often at night having visions of hacking off the affected limbs as the pain is so intense (I am sure I am not alone there)

Having tried all the vitamin supplements and not having any luck at all, my solution was usually about 8-12 panadol and a couple neurafin thrown in for goodluck per night (thats gotta be good for you). Didnt really help but at least around midnight I usually dozed off, not real handy when I leave for work at 4am.

Now about 6months ago I stayed at my parents house to help do some work as my father was ill, at bedtime I asked if they had panadol. He said here try this, it was a Zydol tablet prescribed to him for back pain caused by growths on his disks.

I had the best sleep I had had for 30+ years and whats more the second night was the same.

Next time I saw him I asked for another tablet, same result.

Now to cut along story short. recently seeing my Dr and him telling me again there is no cure and that you dont want to go down the Parkinson tablet route (as the side effects are worse than any pain you could have long term)

I mentioned Zydol to him... "He said no that wont help"... I told him of my experience so he was quite happy to prescibe me some. After suffing very bad leg pain yesterday untill I took one and now some 20+ hours later I am RLS free... I recommend that anyone who has not found any relief to try this method. It seems the Dr's do not think it will work, maybe we need more people to try this medication, I doesnt cure, but I have normal nights... WOOHOO!!!!

I would be interested if anyone tries this or has tried them

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey Happy, What great luck you have. I looked up zydol and much to my surprise it is also known as ultram and many other names. I am on it and have been for about 6 months, Boy I wish I had the same luck with it that you did.It does help but I have to take 50mg every 3 hours or I start cramping up. Its good to here when something works so well for people its just seems to me like that doesnt happen often. Anyway welcome to the forum and take care of yourself~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

Oodymoto

Post by Oodymoto »

I have tried 50mg versions of Zydol which have been no help what so ever. 200mg is what I am on now. Thank God that I stumbled onto this it is such a relief.

I just hope and pray that there is a definate cure as the Dr has told me that your body gets used to Zydol then there is no effect anymore.

I feel so bad for anybody who suffers from this, as we all know when you mention it people shrug as if its nothing.. It sure doesnt feel like nothing.

Sara

Post by Sara »

Oodymoto--

You're SO right, people do just sort of "glaze over" when you mention RLS, because they don't have any idea how "big a deal" it can be.

But I and some others here have decided that maybe the ONLY way to get people to realize the seriousness of this condition (and most important, its effect on our quality of life!) is to keep talking about it. Not in a whiney, complaining way, but just the facts-- which, if people LISTEN are compelling enough!

I'd suffered more than 20 years (that I remember) with this condition that I never knew even had a name! Then when I found out, and started asking family and friends, I found out that some of them has also suffered, never knowing that it was a specific condition/syndrome that was causing all that discomfort. Sounds like two of my grandparents suffered and never ever heard what it was because they died before I found out, and they'd kept their symptoms to themselves, largely... because they figured it wasn't anything "legitimate" to complain about or seek relief from.

So, keep talking, even if a lot of people think it's no big deal.

And "Happy"... so happy for you!!

Hi, Lyndarae!

Sara :D

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey Sara, How are you? Are you waiting for the big snow storm of the centry that is comming our way????? I know this cold weather is killing my legs. I warm my car before going anywhere but comming back home is a different srory my feet tingle so bad when its cold....Oh well got to take the bad with the good when living in the mountains Right :roll: I hope you are doing well lets chat sometime soon~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

jan3213

WELCOME OODYMOTO!

Post by jan3213 »

Hi, it's Jan

I'm so glad you found us, but so sorry you have RLS! We have a lot of wonderful people on this forum--you've already met two of them, Lyndarae and Sara!

Like Sara, and probably Lyndarae, I've had RLS for over 20 years, too. And, let me tell you, I know how horrible it can be!!! Unfortunately, most people don't have a clue how dibilitating RLS is!!! But, as Sara said, many of us are trying to spread the word about RLS and its effect on quality of life.

So, keep talking about it, and the more you read posts on this forum, ask questions, and read as much as you can about RLS, the more prepared you'll be to educate the people you come in contact with. And, who knows, you may come into contact with someone who has RLS, too, and needs help!

Once again, welcome!! We are all here to help you and help each other. We're a family and you've found a home!!!\

Jan

HI SARAY AND LYN!!! :)
No one is alone who had friends.