The time that we post

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
lorabell

The time that we post

Post by lorabell »

Hi All. I am wondering why when we post, the time listed can be so different from when we actually post ?
I just posted to gill and the time is way off. It is actually 11;55 AM .
Anyone know ?
Lorabell
aka
wowobl
Always remember, if you cut off your limbs, you'll have phantom rls and nothing to rub .LOL

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

There a long story for those who want to know the detail. And a short story for those who want only to make it different. Not sure which one applies to you, Lorabel....

Short Story
Change the time setting in your profile to the correct GMT.

Long Story
First, it's in your Profile
It's one of those things that each of us controls. When you signed up, some of the stuff you entered was your email address etc. That's all on your "profile." Another part of your profile is the "clock" for your time zone.

For those who aren't all that familiar with message boards (not saying you Lorabell, but anyone elese reading it who isn't), the profile can be reached by clicking on the word Profile at the top of the screen under the RLS.ORG Header and the other things you can go look at, like the FAQs, Search, etc.

Find the Preferences section
Ok, now scroll down to the third section of your profile. Second to last is a setting for Timezone. That's what needs to be changed.

This is related to GMT
Some of us may only think of time in our local way -such as I always hear time related to the US and am in CST - but you won't set it that way. You'll set it in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) - which is where the day starts each day, lol. So, each of us is either on GMT or ahead or behind it. In the US, we are all behind it. East coast, I think, is -5, the midwest is -6, etc. But, if you were in India, you'd be ahead of it.

So, select the correct option from the drop down box next to Timezone.

Don't forget to save your changes!
Once you have set the clock to the correct GMT, remember to save your profile.

I know that was detailed and hope I didn't lose anyone. I had to decide between only the how to and the why. I chose to add the why and that may have gotten in some people's way. My bad. :oops:
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

lorabell

Post by lorabell »

Thank you so much!
I got it, and with my mind in a fog, I am really impressed with me. lol
Lorabell
aka
wowobl
Always remember, if you cut off your limbs, you'll have phantom rls and nothing to rub .LOL