New! Voice Chat Option

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
becat

Post by becat »

I did it............I think! :roll:

Lynne

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

becat wrote:I did it............I think! :roll:

Lynne

Lol, yes you did, every time someone comes and goes it leaves a msg. at the bottom of the screen. Sorry I missed you. I won't do this every week but need to prime the pump a bit (if y'all don't mind):

You can go to the meeting space any time but the official meeting time is every Thursday at 7:00pm Pacific, 8:00pm Mountain, 9:00pm CST, 10:00pm EST.

Other nights I usually do stuff on the computer so I'll be off and on too, esp. around 11-midnight CST when the wifey goes to bed. I'm like the Wal-Mart greeter but for TS! I usually keep my computer speakers on so if I can hear anyone say "Hos, where are you???" I'll stop feeding my face and come chat! :shock: :)

I mean, if you're checking the forums, email, or a surfing the news of the day, why not chat at the same time? I know it's kind of new and weird but ask Becat, we don't bite. I may bark though...

I just got the monthly RLS email which mentioned the TS program and it should be in the May newsletter and mention Dr. B's attendance. Cool stuffs!

becat

Post by becat »

No you don't bite, and if you do..........everyone should know that we have gotten your shots up to date! :D

Sorry I missed you as well.

We'll catch it, for sure, at least once.

Lynne

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Had an awesome first official TeamSpeak gathering last Thursday at 10 EST. Becat, Mike, and 2 new gents, Frodo and Kellian (sp), were there. It was a great time of humor and support, not to mention I learned a ton.

Becat has agreed to tell us her story in 2 Thursday's, April 17th, so please consider attending.

Most of the new people who joined TS had a few issues with sound but the issues were fixed. Once you get on I'll walk you thru. Also, for those of you who use Mac's, Kellian used a Mac and the sound codec TS uses worked for him.

I shared for a few minutes and it was the first time I've talked about it to other people with RLS. Man, did it feel goooooooooooood! Empathy is a powerful thing.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

For those of you interested in the voice chat program but are a bit intimidated by my directions, I have created a pretty cool visual tutorial. Check it out and I'll show you that in 5 minutes you can be connected to TeamSpeak!

http://www.utipu.com/app/tip/id/1780/

EDIT:
Ok, now I uploaded another video showing how to do various tips, tricks, and troubleshooting. Fun stuff! :D

http://www.utipu.com/app/tip/id/1781/

I LOVE THIS UTIP PROGRAM!!!! IT'S EASIER TO SHOW YOU THEN IT IS TO WRITE IT OUT!

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Please consider joining us this Thursday, April 17th at 9 PM CST, as we're proud to have Lynne (aka Becat) talk as she gives us her RLS experience and will be open for questions after that.

Thank you Lynne for sharing! Can't wait to hear your journey.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

becat wrote:VOICE CHAT IS OFF FOR HOS AND I TONIGHT. BAD WEATHER IN OUR AREA.

MOVED TO NEXT WEEK, THURS. April 24th, 9 PM CST, 10 PM EST.

SORRY Y'ALL, BUT I'M TURNING OFF MY COMPUTER AS WELL.

LYNNE/BECAT

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Our own Lynne (Becat) will share her journey with RLS this Thursday night at 9 PM CST, 10 PM EST on our TS channel. (Last week we had a severe storm at exactly 9 PM CST and messed this up so we'll try it again). Download the small and free TeamSpeak program along with your headset and let's do it!

Here is the link for step by step directions in both written and video form:

http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?p=38305#38305

Email me if you have any questions.

becat

Post by becat »

Ok Y'all I'm on early and waiting for Moonlight to come back on to voice chat, anyone is welcome.

Gill if your are around log on and we can get you hooked up and running.

Lynne

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

I'm sick again so I'll join the party for a few minutes.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

See y'all on TeamSpeak tomorrow, Thursday at 10 PM EST, for the latest in RLS news, small talk, and whatever else is going on in your LIFE. :)

I'll be on vacation next week so I'll def. be there to get my TS fix!

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Update: Since the RLS Newsletter is now going to hit mailboxes around mid June, the TeamSpeak talk with Dr. B will probably be around the first of August.

Hope to see you every Thursday at 9 PM CST, 10 PM EST!

stitch

Post by stitch »

Hos,
Thank you so much for all the info on down loading the chat room. I tried one time before on my computer and my settings were too high so I didn't get it or I had it and didn't know it. Now I am on the lap top and I down loaded the chat room and still wasn't sure if I had it right. Asked hubby to look at it and yes I did have it right but no one was chatting :(

I have been voice chatting over at yahoo in a back chat room so I know all about the head set and I love to voice chat. I have stopped the back chat rm because it just isn't fun any more.

So once again Hos, thanks so much and looking forward to chatting soon.

Take care, Jeannie

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

My pleasure! It's fun stuff.

Oops, on my last post I meant to say that Dr. B will come by TS around mid July, not mid August.

stitch

Post by stitch »

Hos,

I have a question for you and maybe it is somewhere here but I haven't read everything. I was just in the voice chat room and saw your nic and right now I have ears but no mic. Can you type in the voice chat room or just talk only?? If you can only talk then I will have to wait until I get back home to my computer. Thanks, Jeannie/stitch