WHAT DO WE DO?????

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
lorabell

Bounce the kid

Post by lorabell »

Hi All.
As I am trying to live a Christian life, and it isn't easy, I'd have been in jail !
What a brat and the mom is sure certainly setting a good example to the child.
Had any child of mine, be it my own,a grand child or a friends kid, the ball would have been put back where it came from and the child would still be crying cause she no longer has it!
And as for calling you a fat , well, never mind. She is perfect and we aren't.
I had a Dr. tell me if i would lose 100 lbs I would no longer have rls. This was when the dr's were suppose to know everything.
Problem was, when I first noticed my rls , I was a size 12 -14.
I cried and then I finally met someone with rls who is a toothpick !
The fact that you turned the tables on the chick just goes to show you how rls has made us strong !
I am no wall flower and have ( eyed ) a few rotten kids at stores myself.
I've been the grandmother of a rotten, temper tantreum , fit -throwing 2 yrd old and told her to lay and cry, you're not getting anything because you are not minding. LOL' And as for losing weight, I've done every one I can think of and the only one that works is the leaving or being left diet. Both are hard , so I don't suggest it .LOL
Kudos for standing up to the woman and shame on the store people for not talking to the mother in the first place. Most of all, God bless the one who walked with you and calmed you down. !
Goota walk now. I forgot to take last meds for the night nd I am a kicking fool . lol
Hugs, Lorabell
aka
wowobl
Always remember, if you cut off your limbs, you'll have phantom rls and nothing to rub .LOL

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Lora, I, in all honestly, wudda been quite happy to "bounce" both mommy and the kid right outta the store myself if given the chance, but left that to the staff.

Thankyou for your uplifting words, and a very belated thankyou to everyone else in this thread who stood by what I did that day. It WAS a hard thing to do. I'm not the type to go and find a fight (well, not always 8) ) but this day, I was tired, I was not myself and I just wanted to get in and out of the store as quick as possible before I had to pick the girls up from school (Troy ended up getting them instead).

You know those days; you're dressed in your daggiest house clothes, hair's neat, but a mess, no makeup ... but you felt comfortable ... til "those words" are thrown in your face by someone who wouldn't know any betta even if it smacked her upside the head.

Jan, weight was an issue that came up, again, with my visit to the sleep doc the other day. It's the Amitrip-yada that's making it hard for me to budge the pounds. I did ask if I should taper the dose back, but that was met with a stern "no" ... since everything I'm on is working so well at the moment, the last thing my doc wants to do is start playin with my meds when its taken sooooooo long for me to find a cocktail that'll work for more than six months.

My dear Jan, do not worry about your weight. If any extra pounds are meant to come off, they will. It is all about who you are as a person. You know we all love you for who you are. Your DH and children love you for who you are. It's not a size thing ... it's how big your heart is, and you have one full to overflowing with love and affection, which is what makes you such a wonderful person and friend.

By all means, try those wonderful tips that Cyndi has suggested (think i will as well!), it neva hurts to try something that might benefit you in the long run.

Will shuddup there.

Love you all heaps!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Neco

Post by Neco »

I remember when I was a kid.. My mom is a bit of a softie, that's just how she is.. For me it was never a matter of "how can I make her life miserable", it was just the way I was.. no concious effort..

But I've always been very defensive of her.. I mean I never embarrassed her in public by being a brat, annoying OTHER customers and making noise, etc.. But if I am bickering with her or whatever and not really misbehaving running around, just talking back.. I always got pissed when people would butt in..

Case in point, I don't know how old I was but I was in elementary school.. And some lady butts into our back and forth with something like "I'm a teacher and I've never seen a child behave as bad as you".. It was something to that effect.. I didn't even have to think of a comeback, she made my mom feel embarrassed when no one was paying attention to us.. I quipped "Well I guess you better give me an E in behavior then" and proceeded to ignore her.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Awww, Nadia, thank you, once again, for your loving support and friendship! I'm actually more self-confident than I sound (of course, that's today! LOL). I do have a love of people who love me for me, and it's a good thing because that's just who I am! LOL

The sleep issue is something I do need to address, though. I am very happy to report that I went to bed at approx. 10:45 p.m. (later than usual) last night (usually it's 10:00 p.m.). I feel asleep fairly quickly and woke up at 1:53 a.m. thinking it must be morning. Well, it wasn't, of course. So, because i couldn't lie there a second longer, I got up and came downstairs to my computer. I was on line for a little bit and kept dozing. At approx 2:00 a.m., I went back to bed and SLEPT UNTIL 6:00 A.M.! Oh my goodness! That's amazing for me. However, the night before, I got no more than 2 1/2 hrs. of sleep and cried out of frustration the rest of the night until I got ready for work--swollen eyes and all.

When I was awake the night before last, I did find a forum for back surgery patients, including post-op, where I discovered that people who had had my type of surgery in the thoracic spine (and we ARE a rare bread) experienced the same pain I do. And, the pain seemed to come on steadily, but become worse at about 1 1/2 yrs. post op, which is where I am. And, they described the same sensations and pain that I have. That actually made me feel better. A couple of people even said that there are times when they can feel all of the hardware in their backs, just as I do.

I'm taking art classes (have since last November) and one of the women in that class I'm in now is a reflexologist. Lynne and I talked about this yesterday. Anyway, she has been in practice for quite a few years (she's Asian and was trained in her field as a young woman). She is part of a well respected relaxation and rejuvenation spa not far from where I live. I got her card and talked to her about coming to see her.

She asked where my incision was, what I had in my back and told me she could help me. She talked about reawakening nerves, etc., which I've experienced before. So, I am planning on going to see her.

Well, enough about all of this right now. Again, thanks for your support and friendship, my friend down under!

Love and Hugs
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I love you my Jannie.
Beware the Penguin

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Jan
It is good to hear from you and so glad to hear about the reflexologist. Please let me know how that goes. That would be just wonderful if she can help you.

Love you girlfriend.

Penquin it is so good to hear from you and hope that you are feeling much better. Take care my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

penguin kisses!
Beware the Penguin

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Dear Jan, your art work is beautiful your so talented........I think that women is a godsend please go see her I have a good feeling about her.For me just the thought of having steel rods in me would send me threw the roof. I love ya kiddo, hang in there and GOD BLESS ~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you