So much pain.....want out

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thank goodness! Isn't is nice that life isn't always horrible and that happy things do happen???? And, to be able to just enjoy them....
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Ann :P

It most certainly is!

It has made me think about how strong the people here are who have the pain I've been going through 24/7 and can't get relief.

My heart goes out to them.

huggles
moonlight :P
sleep is not only a dream

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

Great to hear you are better, Moonlight. I have taken the same med before and did not notice anything. This RLS stuff is really wierd. HUH?

My oldest son has RLS and recently changed jobs. With the new one he is outside and doing a lot of walking. He says he is sleeping much better.

Whatever works. Pat

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It is amazing how strong the people here are, isn't it? When I start to find my way to my pity pot, sometimes just thinking of that can help me. Other times it doesn't and I want to be mad, pissed, or self-rightious, but often it clears my thinking and allows me to focus on other things.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

stitch

Post by stitch »

Hi Moon,

I have been reading all the post and I am still not sure what you went off, but I think it was the diazepem. I have never heard of that before but I have not been on looking on the meds list lately.

I am so glad you got off what it was that was making things worse. I don't have pain with my legs and never have but have a very bad back so I know what pain is all about. Having the serguries on my back made my legs worse.

But now that I am on mirapex it is no more rls. I hope it stays that way.

You take take and I am off to go shopping, Jeannie

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Jeannie :P

It's the trimethoprim that I'm off that was causing the problems.
I am on diazepam for anxiety and moods ...have just been diagnosed with bipolar disorder....which is working,
and take codeine for RLS which seems to work'
Glad the mirapex is working for you.....long may it continue! :D

Hope your'e shopping went well
love and huggles
moonlight x

stitch

Post by stitch »

Thanks Moonlight,

I have never heard of those meds before but I am glad you are off of the one. They think my son has or is bipolar. He had ADD as a child and took meds for that but he can only go to the VA hospital and he doesn't like waiting so he is doing nothing.

So far my rls has been good for over a year now and I hope it stay that way but you never know with having rls what tomorrow will bring.

Yes, shopping was fun, we went to a new furniture store.

Take care Moon and huggs back, Jeannie

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Jeannie :P

Don't know what VA hospital is, not doing anything,mmm aparently it gets worse as you get older....so they tell me ....i am inclined to agree and also agree that i need to accept help in order to live a better life not only for me but also for my familly and friends.
I hope he thinks it over again.

Did you buy any furniture?

love and huggles
moonlight x :P

stitch

Post by stitch »

Hi Moonlight,

No didn't buy any furniture. Just looking. We are on vacation in Florida and like it so much that we were thinking of moving here so just for fun we went to look at what they had.

VA is for Veterns or ppl who have served in the military. Right now my son has to find himself and he is going through a bad tme. He is smoking pot everyday now and wants to play the blame game on his father, my x and I can see where he is coming from but can't help him. He needs to help himself first. The only advice I had for him was to try AA and maybe they can tell him where to get help.

He has a going no where job and he can do so much better and he is also very angry. His father's dr told him he was bipolar and put him on meds. But when he went to the VA hospital they wanted to do their own testing and didn't think he did. So right now his life is just a mess and he needs to get help and away from his father but he is helping him with his money problems. He went and spent a lot of money he hadn't made yet and now his credit is gone and is in debt. His father helpes him and doesn't let him forget that. It's a "catch 22" and he just has to get help.

He is 38 and going no where and it breaks my heart because he is so much better then this.

Love and huggles back :lol: , Jeannie/stitch

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Jeannie I am so sorry to hear what is going on with your son. That has got to break your heart but it is so true that until he wants help there is nothing that you can do. I sure hope that things work better for him and that you are doing much better too.

Take care and hope to see you in the chat room tomorrow night.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Oh Jeannie

I do hope that your son finds himself but as Charlene says it is up to him only he can make the moves to get help.
I can see it is so hard for you ,hopefully things will work out for the best, try not too worry too much.
Talk any time you want.

love and huggles
moonlight xx

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Jeannie, I am so sorry to hear what your son is going through. There is no easy way to be a Mom during this time and help out. I agree that he does have to figure things out for himself and I know that his knowing you are there for him when he does will help him through this time in his life. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Hope things get better for your son soon and that he begins his road to recovery with a positive outlook.

Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

stitch

Post by stitch »

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your kind words concerning my youngest son. We are on vacation and have been very busy this week since it's our last week, The month of May went by so fast, but that always happens when on vacation.

I knew what my son was doing and have tried to talk to him before but he won't talk about it. So on Mother's Day he called and that was all I heard about. How his life is so bad and why he can't get the approval from his dad and why I left him and moved out of the house and his father moved back in the house. That was the hardest thing I ever did and it was by far not what I wanted to do. Any way our talk on that day was not the best and I had to hang up. He called me back and left a message saying how sorry he was. I called him back and we had a nice talk but he was still very angry.

When we get back home I will call him again and see if we can't have another talk. The problem there is he will only talk to me when he wants to sound off and I will listen to him and not put him down.

But once again thanks for the feed back and I hope he goes to AA for that will be a start.

Take care all, Jeannie ( was there Monday night!!!!) :shock:

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Jeannie I am glad that your son can talk to you and will say a prayer that he goes to AA. You never know just one thing that you say to him will be a help. We are pulling for you. I do not have any children but know that must of been the hardest thing for you to do.

Anytime you feel like talking, please do not hesitate and am sorry that I was not on the chat line Monday night. We went somewhere that day and I got home too late; however Cyndi was on and she said she was there until around 9 pm unless you got on later. She has to work so am sure that is why she did not stay on longer. I will be there this Monday so please take care of yourself and it is so good to see you posting again.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Hi Jeannie,

Sorry I missed you on Monday nite. I was on from 8-8:45. Char is right that I have to get up very early for work so couldn't stay any longer than that. I hope I get to chat with you next Monday night as I plan on being there again.

Take care,
Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.