Avelox-antibiotic- warning

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
pedrime

Avelox-antibiotic- warning

Post by pedrime »

Hi everyone--

Started taking this antibiotic 2 days ago for walking pneumonia. RLS, which had been under control, flared up as badly as when I was pregnant (worst ever for me). Did not do anything differently except take Avelox. Researched it online & it got the worst patient rating I'd ever seen on 'askapatient.com.' Causes anxiety, heart palpitations, etc. so the exacerbated RLS immediately made sense to me.

I'd never considered an antibiotic could affect RLS, but believe me this one does.

Have a great day!

Meg

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Wow! I would have never thought that an antibiotic could worsen RLS. Thanks for posting this information.
Susan

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Yeah, I got that on one antibiotic. I was on half a dozen last year, so I don't remember which one, but it's definitely possible.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Neco

Post by Neco »

AB's are a pretty weird group.. When I intitially had my problems leading to an IBS diagnosis I had to take and antibiotic. One thing I noticed was I felt like it messed with my blood sugar, because on one or two ocassions I would be hungry and shortly after I'd be in the kitchen just getting my food when heavy shakes would set in.. Kinda freaky.. They also said not to drink because you would become miserably sick to your stomach and vomit, etc.

pedrime

Post by pedrime »

I am endlessly fascinated by the myriad drugs, conditions, lifestyle choices that worsen RLS. Never thought an antibiotic could. Also--rarely need my albuterol rescue inhaler but notice when I do use it, the legs are bad that night. Thanks for all your comments.

Good night!

Meg

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Guys

Yes I agree , I was on Trimethoprim in May and my RLS went 24/7 hell and stopped when I'd finnished the course

huggles
moonlight xxx
sleep is not only a dream