Anybody have this with RLS?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
drumin4him

Post by drumin4him »

hello m...

Well let me tell you. My RLS takes No sides....... it is an Equal Opportunity Annoyance!!! However it does seem to go from my left side first then to my right and then sometimes up to my arms.

hang in there!

drumin4him

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Well, here's an odd variation...

My RLS is on my right side. I do many things right-handed, but I'm actually left-handed. I was born without the majority of my left index finger (looks like I had a nasty accident in shop class ;)), which made it impractical to write and do lots of other tricky things with it, so instead I grew up doing that stuff right-handed, but on the other hand (literally), I play sports left-handed.

So, maybe it's the actual usage more than the preference.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

lorabell

Post by lorabell »

Mine is mostly the right side, but I am left-handed.
I have to say it again, how strange for all of us to have something in common, and yet it be so different for each of us.
Lorabell
aka
wowobl
Always remember, if you cut off your limbs, you'll have phantom rls and nothing to rub .LOL

ed2008

Post by ed2008 »

i REALLY feel it in my left calf.. if i roll onto my side and the right leg even touches the left calf i know it right away, even if in a good sleep.

amazing how it affects others differently

Ed

psychick

Post by psychick »

Aiken wrote:Mine's almost entirely on my right side. eye (yes, eye).

Is this like a tic? I get an eye tic for a few hours every once in a while, but about 6 weeks ago I had it in my right eye for over 3 weeks, nonstop. It drove me crazy (and people told me all kinds of crazy remedies for it) but then it gradually ceased over about a week and a half. I just figured it was an eye tic - I made no connection to RLS.

Oh, and primarily right side PLM's (and I'm right handed) with very occasional left sided PLM's; but the jimmy legged RLS is an equal opportunity annoyer.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I remember having an eye tic , a couple of years ago, that went on for several weeks, and then just disappeard.

I had forgotten about that.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Now this is weird. I always get that eye tic once in awhile and it drives me crazy as well. I wonder if it is linked to RLS?

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

psychick wrote:Is this like a tic?

No, it's definitely not a tic. It's more like a reluctance to stay pointed at, and focused on, one thing for a long time. It's like I keep wanting to look around the room to relieve a weird sensation in my eye. Sound familiar? :)

It helps a little if I close my eye, but it still feels weird.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.