SURVEY

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
SUGAR

SURVEY

Post by SUGAR »

I am just curious as to where to find this Quality of life information that you have been asking about. I would love to help any way I can. Maybe it's the lack of sleep for the past 10 or so years but I can't seem to figure out what exactly you need. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks

becat

hi

Post by becat »

Hi Sugar.
The Quality of Life statement is something we developed here for ourselves. I used these statements for the National RLS Meeting in 2004 and will again this year in Nov. In Orlando.

Quality of Life statement is based on your thoughts about living with RLS. If you had 5 minutes to talk to the researchers and doctors, the heads of this Foundation, .........what would you want them to know?
It's about putting a face to RLS. Not a chart number, not a test result. I wanted these people to know about the effects of RLS on my family, friends, my health, and the effects of finding good treatment. Or how darn hard it is to do so. I thought it would help to let them know that we are paying attention and are not the silent types. We were heard and I think the more we voice these concerns or joys as a group ........they can't ignore us in numbers.
All it is, is your chance to voice your opinions to the people that work on our behave.
Nadia is going to use some of our statements to help make their parliment understand the issue and medications. The government there can decide what they will pay for, use, or not. So we're expanding our project to help her out.
You can email your statement for use in the Down Under group and for this year's National Meeting.
Thanks in advance, your voice counts. It's always easier to be heard when your in the crowd. Thanks so much for asking.
PM me here on the site to:
Becat

SUGAR

survey

Post by SUGAR »

I am sorry I am not quite familiar with this site. Can I post the information here?

becat

me again

Post by becat »

Yes, you can post it here. You realize that it becomes public to the board then. I posted mine here ages ago, as did others. I have no problem with telling my story here. Sharing is the way many of us have educated ourselves. Your story may even help others.
Or you can click on membership at the top here.
I'm number 70 on the second page.
Click my name and you can PM (provate message) me here or my email address is available.
tinytannenbaums@usa.com

I really do thank you, as do others for the help. Glad your here.