So bumbed out.

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
HeatherB

So bumbed out.

Post by HeatherB »

I started .5mg of Klonopin on the 26th of June, and started keeping track of my symptoms that day.
I went to see my doctor on the 25th of July. I had been symptom free for four days. The doctor told me if I was symptom free for 2 weeks straight I could go ahead and stop tracking my symptoms if I wanted, but after the 2 weeks if I had any symptoms to call her.
So about an hour before bed last night I wrote in my journal in big letters I had been symptom free 2 weeks.
I then went and talked to my mom about somethings I had read on here and we got to talking about her legs and came to the conclusion that she should talk to her doctor because it sounds like she has RLS as well.
I then started trying to think back and figure out how long I really have had RLS and PLMD, because my symptoms have only been really bothersome for 6 months.
When I went to bed last night and I had symptoms. I had tingling in my legs, and 8 times my legs jumped. I was so upset I was close to tears. 2 weeks symptom free, now I have them again?
So I called my doctor today and she wants me to up my Klonopin to 1 mg. every night. I sure hope it helps.
I'm so upset I could just cry. I was doing so good now symptoms again? Why? Why do I have to have this?
Thanks for letting me rant. It helps!

drumin4him

Post by drumin4him »

hey HeatherB,

I'm sorry to here about the symptoms returning, that really stinks! At least you had two weeks without this crazy RLS thing. I have not had any experience with the Klonopin but it sounds like you might be on the right path. I used to take 1mg of requip for 4 years then I switched to mirapex. It started out OK but I' experiencing augmentation again.

Stay in the game!!

drumin4him

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Thanks Drumin4nim. Yeah, 2 weeks without is better then none I guess!

Neco

Post by Neco »

As many can attest, often times just thinking about your RLS can make it come out of nowhere, or make it worse. It's a big problem for a lot of us, unfortunately.

If this problem continues and you don't feel the klonopin is helping enough or no longer a good solution, you should ask about trying Requip or Mirapex.

Klonopin can be a hard drug to come off of, especially once you start raising the dose. Be careful with it.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

RLS is certainly not what I'd call consistent. It may have a consistent minimum level, but it spikes at random times for me. Unless you keep having symptoms, I wouldn't worry about one bad night. We all have bad days in our regular lives, with headaches, or nausea, or depression, but we weather them and then life is okay again. I think it's reasonable that we need to weather breakthrough RLS from time to time as well. Just don't over-respond with extra meds, or you might reduce their efficacy in the future.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Thanks you guys!
Requip and Mirapex aren't covered by my insurance.