magnesium/vitamin e

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
SUGAR

magnesium/vitamin e

Post by SUGAR »

I just wanted to post this info I just received. I am a newbie still so I am not sure if anyone else has tried this. I work at a nutritional supplement manufacturer and I asked one of our PHD's here what he would recommend for my muscle aches and soreness. He recommended taking 450 mg of Magnesium at night and 800 mg of Vitamin e, 400 in morning and 400 at night. I am going to try it and see if it helps. I just thought I would pass along some information. Let me know if anyone else has tried anything else. Thanks

becat

Heads Up

Post by becat »

Hi Sugar,
Your always welcome to post stuff like this.
I just wanted to add a heads up about Vitamin E.
It works to strengthen muscles, our heart being a muscle, this vitamin goes to work on it as well.
800 IU of Vitamin E is a big dose. You should always start E very slowly and work up the dose easily. I'd start it out at a 100 IU a day first. You can add 100 in two weeks.
You'll know soon enough if you taking too much, lightheadedness or dizzy.
It's awesome for the body, just have to take it slow.
Magn. should be taken with Calcium and Vitamin C.

Great advice - Vitamin E

Post by Guest »

I started taking vitamin supplements when pregnant with my son 25 years ago. I was pretty much following the advice of the Adele Davis books. I found that when I got lazy & forgot to take my vitamin E capsule, I had restless leg syndrome at night................(didn't know what it was back then). What I do know is that everytime I resumed taking my vit. E, the restless legs went away. My father had poor circulation which was greatly helped with large doses of E. I seem to have inherited the need for extra E. I definitely think that RLS is a circulatory problem. I recommend trying 400+ units daily & see if you have relief.