omg im in heaven...

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
The Artist in the Mirror

omg im in heaven...

Post by The Artist in the Mirror »

I slept from 10:30 to 6:50 this morning, I didnt wake up once... I feel sleep-drunk.

I cant even remember the last time I did that - months? six months?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

How wonderful..... all that sleep.... fantastic.

I wish you the same tonight. zzzzzzz.....zzzzzz :wink:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

That's great! I hope it continues!
Susan

The Artist in the Mirror

naw, last night was back to crap as usual! lol

thats why that night was so amazing... i know there are people who sleep like that every night - better probably - they dont know how lucky they are :)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

big letdown :cry:
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

rock a bye baby
in the tree top
when the wind blows...the cradle will rock
when the bow breaks
the cradle will fall and down will come baby........
cradle and all
lullabye and goodnight
(hold on, I gotta look up the words on Google)
ahem...
Hush my darling is sleeping,
On her sheets white as cream,
With her head full of dreams.
When the sky's bright with dawn,
she will wake in the morning.
When noontide warms the world,
she will frolic in the sun.

Funny I don't remember it like that.
but is it helping at all because I can keep going.....?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

WAM, I say it again.

I think you'd be great at a party.
Betty

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

You'll have to excuse WAM, he digresses a bit when bad news hits.

I know it's easier said then done but to lesson the pressure of trying to sleep good every night, I usually think about trends. Then if I don't sleep good for 3-4 nights then I start to worry but at least it psychologically takes the pressure off of trying to sleep well each and every night.

The Artist in the Mirror

I am not nutty about not sleeping :) Its funny really... I can go for a very long time with sleeping very bad and have an 'oh well' attititude. And when I wake up - each day- I still assume that THAT night could be better...

I actually know alot about sleep and the worse thing people do is anticipate whats going to happen - or not happen that night. That they wont sleep...or sleep well enough... or enough in quantity... or that this night wont be as good as last night, or last thursday...or last july. doing this is death.

This kind of anticipatory anxiety adds another dimension to a sleep disorder I already have. And the truth is Ive slept badly before... I will sleep badly again... It hasnt killed me yet. Its frustrated the hell out of me... its made me grumpy but its a work in progress and hopefully every bad night brings me closer to a good night. And if not, every bad night is at least over. I never go to bed assuming the night will suck. And if it starts to I get out of bed and walk around - granted its better in the winter when I can walk around in my barefeet on the snow...but if all i can do is walk on grass in the summer, oh well....

I do what ever gets me thru the night and than dont carry them thru my days....

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Betty...oh man. I'm old and boring at a party. bump on a log, but I'm gonna show my wife what you said just so she can roll her eyes and say "She oughta have to LIVE with you" or something typical like that.

Man, it's been so long since I had trouble sleeping. Usually it's just for a few days till I get more drugs. But Klonopin...is my answer to sleep disorder. Some nights I fall asleep without it and that's good cause it leaves me two the next night if need be.

I know my sleeping habits are not the topic here but I wanted to mention Klonopin, life is drastically changed with it, at least sleeping life.

I hate that it's all about drugs, but aint it better to just go to sleep?

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Artist, I hope you find something to help you soon.

I will take sleep with Klonopin over no sleep any night! I can't believe how fast I fall asleep since being on it!

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

I also take clonazapeman and it definitely helps me go right to sleep. If that is what works then I will continue taking it no matter what.

Hey if I sleep at least 5 hrs straight (which is not too often) but will take whatever I can. My quality of life is what is important.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Not very long ago I mentioned that I took Klonopin at night and several people reminded me that it was addictive. Then this new doctor told me that it was actually interfering with my sleep. So I weaned myself off of it and haven't had a good night's sleep since. Now I'm wondering if I should have stayed on it. I'm just jealous! I'm glad some of you are getting sleep, you deserve it!

I was almost asleep reading WAM's lullaby then it ended. Can you make a recording and send it to me? Maybe we could put on the RLS website so everyone can sleep well. Can you tell I'm sleep deprived? Should I shut up now? I'm competely off topic now and apologize if it seems I'm making light of this.

Okay, I can tell you are all rolling your eyes so I'll go...
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Ruby
It is so good to hear from you and I agree that clonazapem is additive; however if it will help my quality of life I will continue to use it.

I stopped it cold turkey once and that is not a thing to do. If this med does help you then I would talk to your dr as you definitely need your sleep.

You take care of yourself and let me know how you are doing. I really do care.

Love ya
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I knew it would come across wrong! I don't blame anyone for taking Klonopin to help them sleep. You do what you have to do and I did for a long time until I let the doctor talk me out of it! I go back in a couple of weeks so I will talk to him again. This is a doctor for fibromyalgia and he is treating that, not the RLS. At least he is knowledgable about RLS and the pain is better, but the RLS has started to kick in (no pun intended) more than usual.

I did find a good support group not too far from here for fibro. First meeting last night and we did water exercises and Ai Chi (sp?). It was fantastic. I would love to do more Ai Chi but there isn't anyone close who does it and I can't drive that far more than once a month. I was very relaxed and pain-free when I went to bed but since I didn't take my meds along, my RLS started up. Sometimes I'm not too smart.

Regardless, thanks for your warm words of concern.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)