help

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
SUGAR

help

Post by SUGAR »

I posted this on another place but maybe someone will see it here. Does anyone know a good decongestant that I can take? One that won't drive me up the wall? Thanks guys

Spaz

Natural decongestant

Post by Spaz »

Well - if you were in Chicago I would say - step outside - the cold air is a natural decongestant....works great every time.

What is wrong with steam or for a medication - sudafed?
***with all that exercise at night you'd think I'd be a waif! :-P***

SUGAR

k

Post by SUGAR »

Well, I am in Utah and the air is sooo dry here. cold but dry. Does Sudafed have antihistamines?

Spaz

Post by Spaz »

nope - only a decongestant. It usually works great for me and have not noticed it causing me to be any more spazzy that usual.
***with all that exercise at night you'd think I'd be a waif! :-P***

becat

Hey Ya'll

Post by becat »

There are so many OTC medications we just should avoid. Thought you'd like to see this post about some of them. It also includes some other popluar prescription meds. too.

http://www.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=252

Feel Better Soon.

SUGAR

MEDS

Post by SUGAR »

Thanks for the replies. I tried Corisidin(not correct spelling) which the pharmacist said would be fine, and I was awake all night. I couldn't come to work yesterday, I was sooo tired. so I will not try that again. My doctor recommended something like mucinex or something, I can't remember the name. I will look and see if I find it. I will probably just have to wait it out. I almost have my voice back today. That's a plus. I did use Vicks Vaporub. That smells great but I don't think it helped at all. Nice to smell...