Back Spasms and Mirapex

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
stephenpaul

Back Spasms and Mirapex

Post by stephenpaul »

I've recently been diagnosed with RLS (actually PLMS or something) - and have started taking Mirapex. The drug works well so far for my legs. The dreams are strange and I have a short fuse . . . but I think I can deal with that. I'm also kind of unmotivated . . . this too shall pass I hope.

This morning I had unbelievably painful muscle spasms in my upper back on the left side (under the shoulder blade). Wow, they were really painful.

I'm wondering if I just slept soundly in the "wrong position" or if this is a weird side effect.

Anybody?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am on requip and can relate to the strange dreams, when you wake up and can't quite shake them off.

Also the muscle spasms, well I'm not sure that mine are actual spasm, but certainly aches and the odd temporary 'hot spot' that is sore to touch. (Tho my doc is checking for fibro - which I personally think might just be a shot in the dark).

I also think it is sometimes sleeping in the wrong position, so sorry I am no help as such, but can empathise whole heartedly.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hmmm....I have no clue if related to Requip or Mirapex, though at one time I was on Mirapex and did get spasms. But, I have gotten muscle spasms in my back both before and after it. For me, they tend to come when I'm not sleeping well. If I have several nights where sleep is difficult to get (but I am in bed, apparently sleeping, but waking frequently), I will get spasms. I've often wondered if it wasn't related to some lack of restorative sleep or that when I am like this I get into odd contorted positions.

Of course, that wasn't helpful to you at all, I imagine!

But, welcome; I hope you find what you need here.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.