Treatment success for 25 years

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Betsy

Treatment success for 25 years

Post by Betsy »

I started taking vitamin supplements when pregnant with my son 25 years ago. I was pretty much following the advice of the Adele Davis books. I found that when I got lazy & forgot to take my vitamin E capsule, I had restless leg syndrome at night................(didn't know what it was back then). What I do know is that everytime I resumed taking my vit. E, the restless legs went away. My father had poor circulation which was greatly helped with large doses of E. I seem to have inherited the need for extra E. I definitely think that RLS is a circulatory problem. I recommend trying 400+ units daily & see if you have relief.

becat

Post by becat »

I just wanted to add a heads up about Vitamin E.
It works to strengthen muscles, our heart being a muscle, this vitamin goes to work on it as well. Result from vitamin E happen faster for supplements, some take time to absorb and correct before you'll see results. Not that way with E.
400 IU of Vitamin E is a big dose. You should always start E very slowly and work up the dose easily. I'd start it out at a 100 IU a day first. You can add 100 in two weeks.
You'll know soon enough if you taking too much, lightheadedness or dizzy.
It's awesome for the body, just have to take it slow.
Magn. should be taken with Calcium and Vitamin C.
Vitamin E is a good thing if done safely.