Disability Benefits

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
snowbound

Disability Benefits

Post by snowbound »

Hello,

has anyone here ever received a disability pension soley on the basis of RLS?

I know the situation would vary in different parts of the world. I've always been curious about this but don't recall seeing any posts on the subject.

Thanks.
A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds good, and a real one. ~ J. Pierpoint Morgan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Indeed, a few have, but most of the posts are by people who aren't active. I am hoping to someday catalog the posts so that we can easily direct people to them...but for now, searching is the only method to find them.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

snowbound

Post by snowbound »

I'll try a more detailed search. Thanks for the info Ann. :)
A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds good, and a real one. ~ J. Pierpoint Morgan

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

I think somebody in July 2007 posted something under a Social Security Disability thread here, and a lady named Kimberly had some stuff to say about it. Anyhow, my recollection is one of the posters had to go to the court level (that's original application, appeal, then court) to get it, and RLS was listed first, and I think it was in Ohio.

I got it, but not under RLS, altho it was in my list. Mine was triggered by a car accident years ago, that has worsened, and the injury also goofed up my thinking to where I can't concentrate and I get confused easily because of all the pain I'm in from crashing my spine into pieces.

I do know that in the vast lists of stuff at the SSA government website that is considered disabling, RLS is not on the list. In ignorance, I originally applied that way in 2004 and failed. Then in 2007, I found on their lists two items of the four that are wrong with me, and I put those two at the top, with RLS down below, and I got it on the second appeal.