Difficulty Using Forum

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
BUNNY

Difficulty Using Forum

Post by BUNNY »

OK.... I'm going to try this one more time. I'm having difficulty understanding the workings of this forum. I think it's very complicated going through all the phases of even getting to the Discussion Board. My question is, am I the only one having this problem? Won't someone PLEASE give me some input?

becat

Hi Bunny

Post by becat »

Hi Bunny,
Ok, I know it's not easy yet, but trust me it will be.
When you are on the page that gives you a choice of discussion board/chat/and whatever else is there............If you are choosing the board, yes, another page comes up with Discussion board in bold letters.
Ok........
Bookmark that page on your computer for faster reference.

Logging in.........everyone has a different way.
Mine???????

When you come into the board here, there is a message above. "log in to check for new private messages"......ok
Click that.

It will let you log in. There is a box below this that if checked will log in everytime for you. Check that box.

Next time you come in all you have to do is click that log in to check for new messages.......Done. You will see that it brings up the board. Any new postings in any thread are higlighted in orange.
You don't have to log out.

I hope this helps in some way for you.
You'll get the hang of it quickly I promise.
Glad your here Bunny.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Bunny, here's what I did. I got here and signed in and then created a Favorites page in my browser for the main Index page. Each time I come here, I just click on the favorite from my browser menu and it takes me directly to the Index page. I don't even have to sign in again, because I never signed out. Hope that helps.

Ann

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey there Bunny I have done the same as Ann. Added rls forum to my favriots and then Im already logged in each time but I still need to go through the disscussion board.. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

BUNNY

Thanks for the help

Post by BUNNY »

I would like to thank those that have sent help my way regarding my difficulty in using this forum. I shall continue plugging away until I get it right!!

GaAudrey

Post by GaAudrey »

Hi Bunny, I'm new to this message board, but I did the same as some of the others did and added it to my favorites list. That makes it easy. But what I find is a little difficult is navigating through all the different topics to see what who has written last, so that I can keep up with the latest information. I don't want to miss anything! :D So I sometimes find myself going through topics I've been through already, just to be sure there aren't any new post I haven't already read. Can anyone help smooth this out a little in the navigating?! :lol: Is there a way to keep up on the latest post that I'm not understanding or do I have to just go through each topic manually? :cry: Thanks, Audrey :D

becat

Hi to all

Post by becat »

Hi to all.
Audrey and to Bunny, anyone else that is new..........
New post on threads will always have a orange tab in the TOPIC of the main board. When you enter that Topic the threads that have had replies added have a shaking orange note to the left.
Any thread that has been replied to will move to the top of the page. Sometimes with good informational posting from our short past around here, we will simply post a BUMP to move it up to the top.
I realize there is so much reading to do, but well worth it.
And if you have a question, post it in a new thread. Several of us can link you to the place we've talked about it before. LOL if we remember where it is... :D
If your really interested in a certain post, you can reply to it....then before you send the message. There is a box that you can check that will email you if another reply was given to the post. This is an option listed below the reply box.
Long winded, I think I had the same kind of night that you did last night. I hate clocks in the dark.
Hope this helps.

BUNNY

Thanks to Becat

Post by BUNNY »

To make my point about the difficulty in using this forum, I wanted to thank Becat with a personal reply for her taking so much of her time to send me such a long and detailed "help" message.
For the life of me, I couldn't find where or how to do this so have settled for sending it to the entire group. I've always thought I was a pretty intelligent person but
now I'm beginning to wonder!!

Have a nice day everyone and most importantly, a peaceful night.

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hi, Bunny--

There are little graphics below our posts which it took me AGES to really pay any attention to. :lol: If you want to contact anyone, or find out more about them, you can use those little graphics to look at a profile, send a "PM" (private message-- like an e-mail, but through the site, not their e-mail address), and sometimes also find their e-mail address or their website URL.

Welcome to the list (belatedly), and take good care.

Sara :D