Back on Mirapax

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
john_a

Back on Mirapax

Post by john_a »

Hi again all

I've been having a hard time dealing with juggling Solian and Mirapax dosages.

Just to keep you updated, I'm now on Solian 50mg am, and 500 mcg Mirapax pm. I also take Zoloft 50mg in the am, along with 500mg Lithium.

The Mirapax/Solian thing has been a conflicting nightmare, but I'm going to stay on this for the time being.

My physician says it's a ridiculous contraindication, but my neurologist says to keep taking it.

Are there any Doctors as members here who can comment on this, or members who have a knowledge of this combination.

Thanks in advance.

John
Last edited by john_a on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hmmm - had to look up Solian. Yeah, I can see why your doc would be a bit concerned - any dopamine antagonist is a problem with RLS - that is accepted knowledge within the RLS community.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

If your neurologist thinks giving you a dopamine antagonist is going to treat ( I don't know why you're on it, maybe for something else?) or at least NOT conflict with your RLS then you need to find a new neurologist, or ask your doctor if he'd be willing to work with you and takeover your RLS management instead.

I don't want to even imagine being in that kind of situation.. I would think the stuff makes the mirapex severely or totally ineffective.

How bad are your symptoms? Do you even feel like its worth taking the meds? If you haven't shown any of your doctors the Mayo Clinic algorithm for RLS I would think about it.

I wouldn't think the Zoloft would be helping with your RLS either.. A more RLS friendly anti-depressant like Wellbutrin might server you better, if you haven't tried it yet.

john_a

Post by john_a »

Thanks for the advice, there seems to be a bit of a conflict of opinions between the docs, looks like I'm going to have a seek a third opinion.

Thanks again

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

There are times when you have two conflicting conditions and they require meds that are opposite from each other.

I guess I just assumed that you had two things going on. If treating RLS alone, I can't imagine anyone subscribing those two drugs...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.