Did Any One Else Have This Experience??

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
tequialrose8877

Did Any One Else Have This Experience??

Post by tequialrose8877 »

Hi, I was just wondering if any one else had RLS present after surgery? I had bilateral knee replacement in May of 2003 due to an injury. After the surgery and I mean with in a week I started having trouble with RLS. They tried all kinds of medication and I finally found some relief from mirapex. Never had problems with RLS before, no family history that I know of. I s there any chance this could be brought on by surgery?? This is a misrable problem and I have had to change my lifestyle ie. take an evening job so that I am more active in to later hours, go to bed later, get up later and some times that is extremely late depending on how bad the bout is. I am also finding that I am now suffering from augmentation (symptoms presenting earlier) dread the idea of changing drugs :cry: as at least I have had some relief. Would love to hear from anyone regarding onset, medication or any other tricks that may work. Also I misspelled my user name can anyone tell me how to fix it!! :roll: Thank you!
Tequilarose8877*RestlessCowgirl

chirpee

Post by chirpee »

I would say you are accurate in that surgery could bring on RLS. I have suffered with RLS for 24 years (since I was 9). I had back surgery in January of this year and within 1-2 weeks after surgery, my RLS got drastically worse! I now have it every day, just about ALL day where before surgery I only had it maybe 2 nights a week/biweekly sometimes. As far as your other questions, I haven't found any medication to work for me yet. I sometimes find relief from wearing a knee brace, but not always. I also know nothing about correcting your user name. Sorry!

Chirpee

Well maybe I'm not crazy!

Post by Guest »

I'm glad to know I am not the only one to have this experience. Have you ever tried Mirapex Chirpee? It does give me fairly decent relief most of the time. (except for tonight) :evil: I really feel it was the spinal, but my neurologist won't accept that explanation. He feels there had to be dome history some where but havent found any. Meanwhile back at the ranch I'm prancing around like a Tennesee Walking Horse :( . I had no side effects from the Mirapex except drowsiness and the PRICE! :shock: It is pretty expensive. Hope you find some relief!! I'll be praying for you!!

Re: Well maybe I'm not crazy!

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I'm glad to know I am not the only one to have this experience. Have you ever tried Mirapex Chirpee? It does give me fairly decent relief most of the time. (except for tonight) :evil: I really feel it was the spinal, but my neurologist won't accept that explanation. He feels there had to be dome history some where but havent found any. Meanwhile back at the ranch I'm prancing around like a Tennesee Walking Horse :( . I had no side effects from the Mirapex except drowsiness and the PRICE! :shock: It is pretty expensive. Hope you find some relief!! I'll be praying for you!!
I think my brain has wandered further than my legs! I forgot my name again Tequialrose8877

chirpee

If you are crazy, you're not alone!

Post by chirpee »

Tequilarose8877,

I have not tried Mirapex yet. My mother did and had no luck with it. I was last on Neurontin. It did a super job of keeping me up all night, but that was about it. I've been hearing lots of good things about Requip. I have a dr. appt. this week and am thinking of asking for it. I'm game for just about anything at this point. The last two weeks have been almost unbearable for me! Just wish I could understand how my back plays into all this. :? I was having a terrible time with my RLS until the day my disc ruptured and then I had absolutely NO pain in my legs whatsoever from that day in September until January (one week after surgery). Why? I would almost rather have the back pain. Well, maybe not! Sorry to hear you are having a rough night and you too will be in my prayers!

Chirpee

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

There is information in this post about surgery and spinals and RLS.

http://beta.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=671

Ann