And idea I've been toying with...

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Some people do blast the Foundation because it has taken money from big pharma. When they write articles and stuff, they can say that the Foundation must be biased because of the money connection.

The Foundation would LOVE to end that relationship, but everyone here would have to become paying members, along with several thousand others.

edited for spelling error
Last edited by ViewsAskew on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Yeah, I understand it's all about appearances, I just don't see any relevant research being buried by the Foundation by pharma competitors who don't give them $$$.

Neco

Post by Neco »

It's not about burying research per say.. It's like you say, it's all about appearances.

Just like people assume everyone who watches fox news is a brainwashed republican, or goes along with whatever they say cause they're dumb etc.

These kinds of stereotypes exist in everything, including medical research and the diseases involved. People will always be less inclined to believe something from a site their favorite "source" has blasted as being in bed with big pharma. The numerous posts I see across the net from the hippies, homeopaths, or those who don't trust pharmaceutical companies, accusing them of inventing RLS to sell requip especially piss me off.

There are people out there who believe that. I just want to change it, and do it from a format that can be attacked, investigated, and threatened a thousand ways from sunday, and still have no links to anything. No big pharma, no RLS foundation, no political action group. Just a guy who suffers from a debilitating, real disease, setting the record straight on RLS.