Up all night

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Moonlight, don't be concerned about hi-jacking, this is just a conversation that can divert. :lol:

As for counselling - sometimes I think I'd like to try that myself. Not for any one thing in particular.... just perhaps to learn to let folk get on with stuff and not feel that I have to always help/sort/make everyone happy/be 100%. A trait that is nothing to do with rls. Tho I am getting a bit better at doing this.

Jeez.... walked the floor most of last night, where do they come from. Then got to sleep, and can barely remember hubby going out to work. Its great that I wasn't working today. Takes the pressure off of it all.

These xmas decorations could nearly come down. I start to get antsy when xmas is over.......... hmmm...... of course, if I wait until tomorrow when hubby is off work...... a job shared... and all that.... Think I'll wait.

Yes... I know its supposed to be bad luck..... the twelve days of christmas etc...... but I just can't wait that long. I kinda face these superstitions..... for instance, put the shoe on the table (bad luck) put the umbrella up inside the house to dry (bad luck)..... do it once, then you can keep doing it cos you've already challenged the bad luck.

Oh dear, loooks like I'm rambling again and jumping from one thing to another.
This is what a day off work, a lazy morning, and the tail end of a sleeping pill can do :shock:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Sometime it not what you call it but whose doing it. I think finding someone to talk to, regardless of credential or name, takes a bit of searching. All, "helpers," are a blend or training, "helping" philosophy, and personal characteristics. You have to find the one that works for you. Easier said then done particularly in small towns and financial/insurance parameters. But, I think the right "helper" can be invaluable. M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Sojourner
You are so right, and my 'helper' is my best friend of 25 years. We are so different in nature that we gel together brilliantly, talk pretty straight, and she gives me such a different slant on things. Her training is her own life/family/and personality. Oh.... and I keep her right also. :lol:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation